ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?

Go down 
+5
Rustygun
Chip
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
Professor Gangrene Fan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Empty
PostSubject: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 6:18 pm

Do you display your figures on selves or do you play with them like doing stories or taking random pictures of them or do both?

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 7:16 pm

I "play" with mine, mostly in the form of photos and photo-stories. Nothing is on display.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 10:36 pm

I use mine to shoot photos and tell stories. I'm not so much a collector as a photographer and storyteller. My inspiration is Mark Hogencamp. My stories are different--they are not about self-healing, but nonetheless serve as a form of creative release.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2020 11:49 pm

Bit of both for me , but am yet to find an affordable way that`s right for me to display them .

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 7:05 am

I don’t display mine ...
I use them for photo stories , and try as many numerous ways to kill our little plastic buddies in my
Stories as I can,,,, lol!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 7:41 am

Rustygun wrote:
I don’t display mine ...
I use them for photo stories , and try as many numerous ways to kill our little plastic buddies in my
Stories as I can,,,, lol!

lol! lol! lol! @ Dean
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:48 pm

I have both play and display figures, although any that are on display could come out to play at any time and vice versa... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Didier
Painted Head
Didier

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:14 pm

Both for me too.
Some are always on display, somes are stored in boxes.

I play with them when I change the displays and then they stay for a while.

They are also very much played with, each time my son "needs" them for a play.  
I love when he sets them up, just like I did when I was a kid.
(it's just he has too many at disposal)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 10:53 pm

I'm a "both" man too!
I do have a display case with dressed figures that I particularly like, however it's by no means permanent. Any or all of them could come out to feature in a story or be replaced for a while with another.
I do tend to get a bit "seasonal" with Halloween, Christmas, ANZAC Day ec. getting a featured set up. 

Because 1/6 scale is quite large, there's no practical way I could display all my figures at any one time! 
Thus many are in storage boxes, ...but this system does mean you can at times forget just exactly what you have, specially with all those little props and accessories.
I usually regret not including an item I remember about half an hour after I've taken the photo set-up apart!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 am

Mostly display em these days...lol

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 am

I myself display my figures that are ether kitbashed or carded sets in my display glass cabinets or I play with them though the means of stories or taking random outside pictures.

PostSubject: Re: Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?   Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you display your figures or do you play with them or both?
Page 1 of 1