ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!

Go down 
+7
BAMComix
Kimono Troop Command
Porky
inntruderr61
Professor Gangrene Fan
Gunner Munro
BrandontheFigureFreak
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: The Star Patrol: The Job Applicant.    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 3:17 am

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52205496251_42e4c21643_b
Page_1
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52205760419_dc6523ccb2_b
Page_2
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52205513878_4e7d523801_b
Page_3
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52205513043_132c141a33_b
Page_4
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52204483902_487ab36942_b
Page_5
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52205511043_fce3f1a5ae_b
Page_6
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52205510028_d70595c82b_b
Page_7
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

BAMComix and FIELD STATION 42 like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 4:23 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I do like the Mirror,Mirror Spock figure. I saw it on Cotswold's site.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 4:33 am

Well... the new First Officer/Science Officer didn't exactly ace the interview, but he got the job, and that's what matters!

I wonder how long until he regrets having applied to the Inside Straight?

I can see that Agonizer being a popular item to pilfer on this ship!

This poor guy -- I feel sorry for him already! Despite his high regard for his own intellect and the seriousness with which he takes his sarcasm, I suspect the crew of this ship are going to run logical rings around him!

Cap'n K is looking fetching in her form-fitting uniform! The uniform seems to be adapting to her contours.

Have you updated the spaceship bulkheads? They look good - Star Wars-ish minimalist tech.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 4:42 am

I just created a new bulkhead section with a piece of foam-core, some grey spray paint, and the lids to a couple of plastic food containers. It seems to work and I will add more detail later, as well as other bulkhead sections.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 7:12 am

Laughing Laughing Fantastic Gary! The new Spock looks awesome! I shall look forward to his continuing adventures cheers .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 7:52 am

Wonderful stuff, and a few ripping jokes too! cheers cheers cheers
Gotta make an "agoniser" for my new villain, ....(a work I have in progress)!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 1:25 pm

TNshooter wrote:
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I do like the Mirror,Mirror Spock figure. I saw it on Cotswold's site.

My thoughts are that the mirror universe Spock, from a comedic as well a practical viewpoint, would make a much more useful character for my crew than Spock Prime. First, because he hails from an evil empire, he is a more flexible character than Spock Prime. Second, he has better comic potential.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 1:28 pm

PS. They seem to have lots of stock at Big Bad Toy Store, if you are interested in getting one.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Star Patrol: Tight Discipline, Loose Rules.   The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2022 5:52 pm

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52206885406_e9db224c74_b
Page_1
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52205873512_992aa73829_b
Page_2
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52206883831_a5f9ea684b_b
Page_3
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52207150689_fc1e0e919d_b
Page_4
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52207376290_6e59861302_b
Page_5
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 1:53 am

Well this is certainly taking an....."interesting" turn...... Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 3:43 am

These space gals are seriously twisted! Or should I say... warped? Twisted Evil

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 5:23 am

lol! lol! lol!

That crewmember has a serious itch, that only the science officer can remove.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 5:29 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

He probably won't mind when Pon Farr comes around. Smile

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2022 3:59 pm

TNshooter wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

He probably won't mind when Pon Farr comes around.  Smile

Another possible use for that agonizer gadget. Pon Farr pacifier.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 3:46 am

Wardroom of the Star Patrol scout vessel FS-009 Edward D. Wood Jr.:

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52455042319_43a3e0a437_c
L to R: First Officer Cmdr. Kit Corry, Cadet Holly Corbett, Skipper Rochelle "Rocky" Jones

BAMComix and Porky like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 4:01 am

Excellent shot Dave. It really captures the mood of breakfast time on a rusty old bucket. I love the newspaper.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 7:02 am

Great shot Dave, reminds me of Red Dwarf Laughing !
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 8:18 am

I’m really really loving Wardroom of the Star Patrol scout vessel FS-009 scene you have creative created Dave. It’s the little details you’v added. The newspapers are brilliant.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 6:28 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

Wardroom of the Star Patrol scout vessel FS-009 Edward D. Wood Jr.:

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 52455042319_43a3e0a437_c
L to R: First Officer Cmdr. Kit Corry, Cadet Holly Corbett, Skipper Rochelle "Rocky" Jones

Interesting situation if the artificial gravity malarkey failed.. Smile
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 9:58 pm

Nice shot Dave! cheers

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2022 1:34 am

Porky wrote:
Interesting situation if the artificial gravity malarkey failed.

Yeah... scratch ... the "artificial gravity" assumption still kind of bothers me, even after it being the norm in pretty much every sci-fi TV show and movie for the past sixty or seventy years. It's a bit discouraging that scientists and engineers have not only not developed anything approaching artificial gravity, but nobody has even figured out what gravity is or how it works, other than, if I'm interpreting what I've read correctly, gravity does not seem to propagate across space and time like other waves, energies, or forces, but rather, it just is, instantaneously, everywhere. To quote "NASA engineer" Travis Taylor (from nearly every program on The History Channel), "it's really weird."

But working a zero gravity scenario in to my stories is a more ambitious undertaking than I am prepared to tackle at the present time. However, the gravity issue bothers me enough that I am considering "grounding my crew," and creating a scenario in which the stories take place on a remote planetary outpost rather than aboard inter-planetary or inter-stellar spaceships.

Or I suppose I could have the characters wear clunky magnetic boots. But there could be none of these "terrestrial navy" type scenes of sitting around a table having a snack.

I suppose, too, that if faster-than-light or "warp drive" technology is available to relatively small space-faring vessels, that the gravity problem will have been solved simultaneously.

Dad-gummit! Maybe I should do a submarine story instead!

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2022 5:31 am

New Star Patrol adventure coming soon!

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 October27
"Helmets On!"

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 3:18 pm

I see that you've given Rocky a new head sculpt.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 3:53 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
I see that you've given Rocky a new head sculpt.  

Yes. The Cy Girls head has become significantly orange in tint as a result of age . Also, the character will be receiving a “body transplant” soon which will require a more compatible neck connector. Plus, I wanted to try a face sculpt that was perhaps somewhat more expressive as well as on par in level of detail with the other characters.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 4:32 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Porky wrote:
Interesting situation if the artificial gravity malarkey failed.

Yeah... scratch ... the "artificial gravity" assumption still kind of bothers me, even after it being the norm in pretty much every sci-fi TV show and movie for the past sixty or seventy years. It's a bit discouraging that scientists and engineers have not only not developed anything approaching artificial gravity, but nobody has even figured out what gravity is or how it works, other than, if I'm interpreting what I've read correctly, gravity does not seem to propagate across space and time like other waves, energies, or forces, but rather, it just is, instantaneously, everywhere. To quote "NASA engineer" Travis Taylor (from nearly every program on The History Channel), "it's really weird."

But working a zero gravity scenario in to my stories is a more ambitious undertaking than I am prepared to tackle at the present time. However, the gravity issue bothers me enough that I am considering "grounding my crew," and creating a scenario in which the stories take place on a remote planetary outpost rather than aboard inter-planetary or inter-stellar spaceships.

Or I suppose I could have the characters wear clunky magnetic boots. But there could be none of these "terrestrial navy" type scenes of sitting around a table having a snack.

I suppose, too, that if faster-than-light or "warp drive" technology is available to relatively small space-faring vessels, that the gravity problem will have been solved simultaneously.

Dad-gummit! Maybe I should do a submarine story instead!

If I recall Gravity is directly proportional to the mass of the body exerting it, hence planets with a smaller mass have less gravity, so you can easily bounce around on the moon for instance... I'm sure the boffins can sort something for you ( or demand some of your tax $ back! Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Patrol Needs YOU!    The Star Patrol Needs YOU!  - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Patrol Needs YOU!
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next