ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1970 Jimny

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

1970 Jimny Empty
PostSubject: 1970 Jimny   1970 Jimny Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 am

Hey All,

Fresh to the Sarahdactyl Motorpool.

I got the 1/6 Jimny by FMS over the Black Friday sales. Like so many other things in this hobby, I have plans for this. Whether I get around to completing them is another story. But I'd really like to lift this by flipping the leafs, add larger tires, and repaint it.

This has actual leaf springs for suspension rather than shocks. The Roc Hobby scaler has shocks, which the 1941 Jeep did not, so despite leaf springs not being as good off road. I like the authenticity of this. That said, I'll probably still get a Roc Hobby when next Black Friday.

As for this one, I've not yet stuck in the mirrors or the roll cage. I have to track down a battery for it, give it a test run, then settle on a colour for repaint. I thought about a pinky salmon colour, or maybe a grey colour. I'd like it to be multipurpose, for mercenaries or soldiers, or for my Phicens when they star in a 1980's slasher flick. For rhem to drive to the lake in.

I recently repainted my brick room diorama. So tonight I snapped a few pics of the vehicle.

Enjoy!

1970 Jimny _stora25

1970 Jimny _stora24

1970 Jimny _stora23

1970 Jimny _stora26

1970 Jimny 20220111
Back to top Go down

1970 Jimny Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1970 Jimny   1970 Jimny Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 6:48 am

Great pick up! The jeep I mean!
Just love the impassive bloke with his hands in the pockets of his windcheater!
Oh and the Pixar lamp!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

1970 Jimny Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1970 Jimny   1970 Jimny Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 7:33 am

That's a great looking jeep Sarah! the suspension looks awesome. I gotta say, I love the axle stands! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

1970 Jimny Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1970 Jimny   1970 Jimny Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 12:52 pm

The brick wall looked impressively realistic before, and it looks even better now! Nice work!

The Jimney is too cool! Looks like it might be more spacious inside than the ROC Hobby Jeep, so better for actual figure use.

The line about driving down to the lake in the slasher flick cracked me up! lol!

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

1970 Jimny Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1970 Jimny   1970 Jimny Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 4:38 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Great pick up! The jeep I mean!
Just love the impassive bloke with his hands in the pockets of his windcheater!
Oh and the Pixar lamp!

Thanks LeStryge! That's the mini me of my friend Nathan. I remember in 2020 he asked when I was going to make the mini me of him. I told him that sadly the manufacturers don't make a ton of black action figures, much less ones with Mohawks hair. Then the next day easy simple had that guy go up for pre order. It was a perfect sculpt.😎

Blondeactionman wrote:
That's a great looking jeep Sarah! the suspension looks awesome. I gotta say, I love the axle stands! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Dal!! They're so cute aren't they. It's the miniature factor that keeps me addicted to this hobby.

SCU_HQ wrote:
The brick wall looked impressively realistic before, and it looks even better now! Nice work!

The Jimney is too cool! Looks like it might be more spacious inside than the ROC Hobby Jeep, so better for actual figure use.

The line about driving down to the lake in the slasher flick cracked me up! lol!

Thanks Dave! I sort of overhauled the bricks this past week. Sizing is TBD, but I'm very much looking forward to maybe exploring a doll slasher flick.
Back to top Go down

1970 Jimny Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1970 Jimny   1970 Jimny Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 1:46 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

It's the miniature factor that keeps me addicted to this hobby.

It does seem to be an almost universal truth that people are fascinated by the world in miniature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1970 Jimny Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1970 Jimny   1970 Jimny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1970 Jimny
Page 1 of 1