ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.

Go down 
+7
BAMComix
Gunner Munro
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
Porky
RealSarahdactyl
FIELD STATION 42
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Empty
PostSubject: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 11:06 pm

Here are three photos I shot back in 2008 when I was still using  REAL PEOPLE as models.  Our challenge is for members to shoot a series of no more than five photos with their action figures, that have the same theme.  

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  52229029152_3273b27800_bAlien invasion 1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  52230032146_3b038fdd36_bAlien invasion 1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  52230037618_8e425209b9_bAlien invasion 1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

The rules are:

1.  The victim must be a pretty girl.
2.  The villain must be a monster / space alien
3.  The villain MAY be represented by just a shadow, as in my pics, but you may also use an action figure if a suitable one is available.  (my alien was a large black plastic cut out, to camera right and out of the frame, casting only a shadow.)
4.  The  sequence of images should  suggest a chase of some sort, ending in a cliffhanger moment.
5.  The choice of clothing worn by the girl is up to you, however the more 50's retro it looks, the better.
6.  The choice of background is all yours, but you must use a coloured, preferably green light source to create an sci-fi alien vibe.  

Answers to questions that have not been asked:

1. Yes Alex, the bad guy can be one of your robots, but the victim MUST be a girl.
2. Yes Dave, this is right up your alley, so I expect something from you.
3. Yes, the "Monster" may be a Star Wars alien.
4. Yes, it's perfectly acceptable for the victim to be in a space suit, but it must be a girl.

Aside from that, it's all up to your creativity.

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 11:23 pm

The first instant looked at this I thought... "blimey, that's a realistic figure" ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 11:25 pm

Porky wrote:
The first instant looked at this I thought... "blimey, that's a realistic figure" ! Smile

I had to do about forty takes of the final shot because she couldn't stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 1:29 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:

Yes Alex, the bad guy can be one of your robots, but the victim MUST be a girl.

lol! OMG! This has me laughing SO MUCH!

I think maybe we're hanging out on the forum too much, huh? We know one another all too well! Suspect

Yes Dave, this is right up your alley, so I expect something from you.

Permission to potentially violate self-imposed purchasing moratorium to find clothing appropriately 1950s genre and style, sir?

Porky wrote:
The first instant looked at this I thought... "blimey, that's a realistic figure"

scratch  Actually, I was going to comment on the annoying tendency of seamless figure hands to not match the body tone very well.  Razz

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 2:04 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

Yes Alex, the bad guy can be one of your robots, but the victim MUST be a girl.

lol! OMG! This has me laughing SO MUCH!

I think maybe we're hanging out on the forum too much, huh? We know one another all too well! Suspect

Yes Dave, this is right up your alley, so I expect something from you.

Permission to potentially violate self-imposed purchasing moratorium to find clothing appropriately 1950s genre ands style, sir?

Porky wrote:
The first instant looked at this I thought... "blimey, that's a realistic figure"

scratch  Actually, I was going to comment on the annoying tendency of seamless figure hands to not match the body tone very well.  Razz

The clothing does not have to be 1950’s style, though of course, the pics would be awesome if they were.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 2:30 am

I suppose clothing is actually optional as well; within the limits of good taste and forum rules, of course. Razz

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 3:10 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I suppose clothing is actually optional as well; within the limits of good taste and forum rules, of course. Razz

Of course
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 7:31 am

1. Yes Alex, the bad guy can be one of your robots, but the victim MUST be a girl.

If only the forum had a 'Funniest quote of the month' competition!! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 7:42 am

I had to do about forty takes of the final shot because she couldn't stop laughing.  
In truth she still looks like she doesn't believe it's serious! lol!
It was an essential skill for women in movies of that period to be a good screamer!

Those specific restrictions kind of rule out any participation on my part.
It's an all male environment here, but I look forward to seeing what the rest of you come up with!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 8:29 am

Like Mr LeStryge I don't have any girl figures unfortunately ( I confess I did have a battered naked Barbie cable tied to the front of my Land Rover many years ago )
I'm kinda tempted to try and borrow a girl for the purpose tho.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 12:07 pm

Porky wrote:
Like Mr LeStryge I don't have any girl figures unfortunately ( I confess I did have a battered naked Barbie cable tied to the front of my Land Rover many years ago )
I'm kinda tempted to try and borrow a girl for the purpose tho.... Smile

“What would men be without women? Scarce sir; mighty scarce.”

Mark Twain

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 2:28 pm

Like  LeStryge and Porky I don’t have any female figures that I could use. It’s all male figures at my HQ Very Happy but thanks for letting me use one of my robots to be the bad guy though. Very much appreciate that Wink.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2022 3:44 pm

The Robot King wrote:
Like  LeStryge and Porky I don’t have any female figures that I could use. It’s all male figures at my HQ Very Happy but thanks for letting me use one of my robots to be the bad guy though. Very much appreciate that Wink.

“What would men be without women? Scarce sir; mighty scarce.”

Mark Twain

Looks like Dave, and I, and maybe Dal will be the only ones contributing Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  1f62f

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 12:57 am

How do these poor units of yours survive in these dreadful, all-male environments?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 1:44 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
That misguided infiltration attempt resulted in one of the funniest lines in any comic story, amateur or professional, that I've ever read! Razz

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 8:58 am

How do these poor units of yours survive in these dreadful, all-male environments?

A question I'm asking more and more.🙄😮💨
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 10:06 am

Porky wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
Porky wrote:
The 'Tasch' is a bit of a giveaway there mate..!    
Apparently NOT these days Porky???
I am reminded of ol' Freddie Mercury doing the hoovering .. Smile

My mam likes to listen to I want to break free by Freddie Mercury while he’s doing the hoovering.
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  CB7-BEF54-7312-4-FD3-A0-F2-DC409-A448-C3-D

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 10:24 am

The Robot King wrote:
Porky wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
Porky wrote:

My mam likes to listen to I want to break free by Freddie Mercury while he’s doing the hoovering.

Awesome !
Tho shouldn't he be lounging on the sofa with his feet up on the coffee table, whilst Barbie hoovers round him ?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 10:36 am

Porky wrote:
The Robot King wrote:
Porky wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
Porky wrote:

Awesome !
Tho shouldn't he be lounging on the sofa with his feet up on the coffee table, whilst Barbie hoovers round him ?

Um no. Why should hoovering be just a Barbies job, our action heroes can pick up a hoover just as much Wink.

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 11:15 am

Quote :
Quote :
Awesome !

Um no. Why should hoovering be just a Barbies job, our action heroes can pick up a hoover just as much Wink.

I was of course pulling your collective leg !..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 11:34 am

Porky wrote:

I was of course pulling your collective leg !..... Wink

I know Porky Very Happy.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 1:25 pm

The Robot King wrote:
Porky wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
Porky wrote:

Finally, someone posts a picture, but there is no pretty girl and no alien.....Damn! I'm gonna have to post something myself, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 1:31 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I think your universe is about the only one with anything approaching a 50/50 mix.  My own is 17 ladies, 6 men including the Vulcan, a male hologram and a robot.

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 2:03 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I think your universe is about the only one with anything approaching a 50/50 mix.  My own is 17 ladies, 6 men including the Vulcan, a male hologram and a robot.

You gots a Hologram ?... How cool is that, does he just appear at random or do you summon him when req.. ?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 2:52 pm

Quote :

You gots a Hologram ?... How cool is that, does he just appear at random or do you summon him when req.. ?

This guy.  Summoned when required.

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  52217518995_05b1188380_bInside Straight: The Doctor by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next