ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.

Go down 
+7
BAMComix
Gunner Munro
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
Porky
RealSarahdactyl
FIELD STATION 42
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 6:41 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Finally, someone posts a picture, but there is no pretty girl and no alien.....Damn! I'm gonna have to post something myself, I suppose.

lol!  I love it when a plan falls apart... with hilarious results!

Despite veering wildly off the intended course, your prompt has become the most successful interactive topic of the summer, with the greatest number of different participants!
(Waves at Porky the New Guy and to Sarahdactyl and SKJ who haven't popped in for a while!)

The Robot King wrote:
Like  LeStryge and Porky I don’t have any female figures that I could use. It’s all male figures at my HQ....

If I recall correctly (and I always do, as LeStryge can attest), there are at least two female figures among the crew at Robot King HQ, one of which is a member of a cave & mountain rescue team! Imagine how scary that scenario could be: a girl being chased through a subterranean labyrinth by an unknown menace! I suggest you get to work on that possibility right away. Or assign your crack team of Other Dave and Ivan to the job! (Actually, now that I think about it, the Rescue Team gal might belong to Other Dave, so definitely get him involved!)

Porky wrote:
Awesome ! Tho shouldn't he be lounging on the sofa with his feet up on the coffee table, whilst Barbie hoovers round him ?

Most definitely!  cheers

The Robot King wrote:
Um no. Why should hoovering be just a Barbie's job, our action heroes can pick up a hoover just as much.

You youngsters and your progressive ideas! Why, back in my day....  Razz
(Actually, I would love to find one of those most excellent scale model vacuum machines!)

This guy.  Summoned when required.

There's no girl in that pic, either!   Rolling Eyes  

Things have been pretty busy around here, not to mention too hot to even function, let alone come up with anything clever or creative, but I'll see what I can cook up.

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Cook_something_up1

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 6:50 pm

They look more intrigued / fascinated by those strange colourful plastic, erm, studded 'things'..... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:07 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
How do these poor units of yours survive in these dreadful, all-male environments?

A question I'm asking more and more.🙄😮💨
Probably the same way they did as back when we were kids.
There was always the fear that our figures might be seen as "dolls", so the very thought of having females was anathema.
No boy would have wanted to be accused of playing with dolls.
Plus there just didn't seem to be a need or any roles for females in the scenarios we acted out.
Ergo no women.
I also think that in so many cases our figures were in a sense an extension of ourselves. We were male, thus the figures were too.

The world had yet to suffer the gender/identity delusions currently trying to be normalised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:17 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
If I recall correctly (and I always do, as LeStryge can attest), ...
Like back when Frank Sinatra wrestled an octopus......... Question Question Question Question Rolling Eyes lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:17 am

Porky wrote:

They look more intrigued / fascinated by those strange colourful plastic, erm, studded 'things'..... Wink
DEFINITELY considering sushi I reckon!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:22 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Like back when Frank Sinatra wrestled an octopus......... Question Question Question Question Rolling Eyes lol!

'Zactly! Embarassed

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:30 am

You know, on your recommendation I watched that damn movie ALL the way through, fully anticipating that scene?

If KTC can ever get this thread back on track it will be something of an achievement..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:34 am

LeStryge wrote:
You know, on your recommendation I watched that damn movie ALL the way through, fully anticipating that scene?

If KTC can ever get this thread back on track it will be something of an achievement..... lol!

Well here's a feeble effort.  

It was just a normal day for French Movie Actress Anouk Aimante who was vacationing in Martinique...until the flying saucers showed up.

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:35 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

'Zactly!  Embarassed

I won't mention the time your perfect memory mixed up Birmingham and Manchester.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:44 am

Hey I LOVE Marvin! cheers cheers cheers Great idea!
That girl wouldn't by any chance have spent some time on the rack in some Mediaeval dungeon would she?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 3:55 am

Anime figure.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 6:50 am

I won't mention the time your perfect memory mixed up Birmingham and Manchester.

Embarassed   Ironically, but perhaps not surprisingly, I had forgotten about that incident.

As for Bikini Babe vs The Flying Saucers, the dramatic shadows are quite nicely composed, adding an authentic "B movie" sense of uncanny eeriness to the humorous proceedings.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:25 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

As for Bikini Babe vs The Flying Saucers,
Now if that title isn't a movie already, it damn well SHOULD be! cheers

Fair warning: Despite my aforementioned lack of the necessary requirements to participate, I am starting to give this challenge some consideration..... pale
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:40 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

As for Bikini Babe vs The Flying Saucers,
Now if that title isn't a movie already, it damn well SHOULD be! cheers

Fair warning: Despite my aforementioned lack of the necessary requirements to participate, I am starting to give this challenge some consideration..... pale

The rules are like the "Pirate's Code." More a set of general guidelines than hard, fast law.  Moreover, there is no penalty for bending them a little, other than having to endure the comments of others.

I think the film "Bikini Babes vs The Flying Saucers" could use a scene in a military HQ where all the brass hats are gathered abound a map table, trying to decide what to do.

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:41 am

LeStryge wrote:

Well here's a feeble effort.  

It was just a normal day for French Movie Actress Anouk Aimante who was vacationing in Martinique...until the flying saucers showed up.

Why's the flying saucer bloke got a broom over his shoulder ??
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:45 am

It's not a broom, but the comb of a Roman helmet. Look up "Marvin the Martian" sometime.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 9:02 am

It's not a broom, but the comb of a Roman helmet.  Look up "Marvin the Martian" sometime.

I just did ! I'm surprised I've never encountered him before as he goes back a long way in the Looney Tunes cartoons apparently. I expect they made it look like a yard broom on purpose eh ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 9:08 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Cook_something_up1

Dave I don’t find this picture scary but actually cute.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 9:09 am

Gary I’m really liking your feeble effort. loving the computer graphics you have used.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 9:11 am

Hang on guys. I DO have a female figure. I forgot that I have her. Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 3-E2-B213-E-240-D-4-B79-BE84-2354550-E49-DE

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 1:13 pm

I guess it's high time you take her out of that box and use her for a photo.

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 1:43 pm

My effort. It probably only complies with 3 of the 6 rules but doing it has really helped rekindle my VAM Mojo!

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Scare2

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 2:22 pm

lol! lol! lol!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 2:46 pm

I know that there are some of you (DAVE, BARRY) are not going to be able to pass up a title like this.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 4:55 pm

For some reason that hand-lettered makeshift "Bikini Babe HQ" sign on the door totally cracks me up! lol!

Olive drab bikini and green helmet with mesh make an attractive combo!

There's also something kind of funny about the helmet chin strap being snugged up tightly. I think it's the visual continuity between the helmet strap and the bikini straps. But maybe it's just funny, period.

---

Miss Magdalena's little episode is... actually in line with the intended focus of this topic! What's up with that, man? lol!

It was cute, and funny, and being set in the "5 Million Years to Earth" underground lends a period-authentic sense of creepiness beneath the humor.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.    Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro Alien Thriller Challenge.
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next