ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question

Go down 
+6
Scottish.Actionman.
Glidah Drivah
Professor Gangrene Fan
TNshooter
inntruderr61
Hawkeye
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Empty
PostSubject: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 4:20 pm

Here is a a tough challenge we have been chatting about. It's not the same as if your house was on fire and you could only save five of your figures. In this challenge, you are going away from your main home for six months, and have only space to take six 1/6 scale action figures with you, plus a limited amount of accessories.

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371088070_4d60714d6f_b
Challenge
by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

You need to think about this very much because you will have access to internet and be posting on AMMO during this time. You should choose figures and props you KNOW you can use in this location. You will NOT be allowed to purchase others while you are there because you won't have the space to take them back home with you.

How to participate.

Post photos of the figs you will take, and a few of the more important accessories. You can do it all at once, or a bit at the time, as this may take quite a lot of time. It's okay to make one post per figure, if you like.  But remember....the maximum number of figures you may take is Six (6) and they MUST be 1/6 scale. There are no other restrictions.

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: #1: Kamiko Takahara   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 6:25 pm

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371029978_516a92199e_b
Page_1
by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53370843276_1bbfb551d6_b
Page_2

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Suki Hasegawa   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 7:41 pm

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371301819_041c0441c6_b
Page_3

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371440845_12f90d2458_b
Page_4

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53370987901_40aebccaec_b
Page_5

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 10:08 pm

If me and dad rented a flat out in Spain or somewhere in Europe that’s hot for six months and I only had space to take six but I’m going for FIVE 1/6 scale action figures with me , plus a limited amount of accessories this is what the five figures I would take.
Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question IMG-5969
Gangrene in the hawaiian shirt for hanging out on the beach or sightseeing. The swimming Gangrene for if he wants to go swimming or again for hanging out on the beaches. Gangrene in the green t shirt and shorts again for hanging out on the beach or sightseeing. Two Turquoise Robots to protect Gangrene or to hang out on the beaches. Gangrene would take his silver toxic formula blaster just incase.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 10:41 pm

Thanks for your contribution, Alex.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 11:15 pm

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53370407612_b2f0e81f42_b
Page_6

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371631319_b3b7bb0bf0_b
Page_7

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371631349_8af6256374_b
Page_8

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 12:37 am

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371774289_5c12813b69_b
Page_09

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371774349_a68440ce38_b
Page_10
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 2:08 am

Okay....this has gotten to be longer than I thought it would be, and it's still not quite finished, but it's getting close to a conclusion. I will take this opportunity that state that participation in this challenge does NOT require that you make anywhere as many posts as I have. You can do it all with one post and one group photo if you want, or you can do it with many posts and many photos.  This is a FREE STYLE challenge and I encourage prospective participants to think things through. You so NOT have to announce all your choices on the same day either. You do NOT even have to have six (6) figures. It can be less than that if you want, but the absolute maximum is six.

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371562036_97ee06914f_b
Page_11

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53370654637_d7327db998_b
Page_12

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371748668_a15fd97ab5_b
Page_13

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53371562336_1fe9ce1ffb_b
Page_14
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 7:18 am

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:
If me and dad rented a flat out in Spain or somewhere in Europe that’s hot for six months and I only had space to take six but I’m going for FIVE 1/6 scale action figures with me , plus a limited amount of accessories this is what the five figures I would take.
Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question IMG-5969
Gangrene in the hawaiian shirt for hanging out on the beach or sightseeing. The swimming Gangrene for if he wants to go swimming or again for hanging out on the beaches. Gangrene in the green t shirt and shorts again for hanging out on the beach or sightseeing. Two  Turquoise Robots to protect Gangrene or to hang out on the beaches. Gangrene would take his silver toxic formula blaster just incase.

Looks like you have room for one more in your suitcase, Alex bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 7:19 am

Great choices so far, Gary! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 2:43 pm

BAMComix wrote:
Great choices so far, Gary! bounce bounce bounce

Not finished yet, and I hope to see a contribution from BAM HQ at some point. The choices would doubtless be more difficult since your collection is many times the size of mine. Still, would like to know what you pick, besides Jake Rivers and Jenna Wink
Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Here's my first 3 figures..... 3 still to choose.....mmmmm who's next I'm thinking.....   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 4:53 pm

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Img_1439
Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Img_1438
Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Img_1437
Here's my first 3 figures out of 6 that'll appear here  What a Face  Suspect Suspect   lol!Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Img_1433
1-VINTAGE S.A.S. FIGURE , 2-Vintage G.I. Joe Atomic man Mike Powers Figure , And 3- Vintage Tom Stone figure 
And this is my box  lol! lol! lol!  Although I'm thinking it might be 1mm to big  lol! lol! lol! 
I may be wrong though  lol! lol! lol! Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Img_1436

I Chose these figures Because ; 1- G.I. Joe Atomic man , Mike Powers can be. The eyes 👀 in the sky's for the hole Team of 6 And As of yet, I Still have to find out more about him ,But the Atomic copter blades are a very handy accessory  ; 2- S.A.S. figure Because he's fluent in at least 4 laugages , His training doesn't come any better ; 3- Tom Stone Because he was a special figure taken out in the 70's , I really don't know much about him , But my gut feeling tells me , he's a mean lean fighting machine.
 I hope this helps explain my reasoning for my choices ,
And when I get more information I'll be sure to add it here  cheers

Does that mean Gary that my box is allowed for this challenge  Question

Seeing As you never mentioned it there the now Wink 

I'll speak to you soon my friend   cheers
Very kind regards,
Allan

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 5:48 pm

Okay...now the hardest part. Choosing two and only two figures from among the following twelve. There are a lot of different ways to approach this that could be based on many factors, including where I'm going and can I take them outdoors or do I have to shoot entirely indoors, as I mostly do right now. Also...while several of the figures have been fairly well defined already--Professor Champion, Dr. Diablos, Glynis, Laura, Schlock, The Doctor, Erika von Stroheim--others, such as Angela McCarter, Gogo Yamaguchi, Schatzi, and Colonel Klunk have not and have had little or no character development. So the question is...do I want to define and develop these characters over the next six months, or wait until I return home????

Finally, I'd truly like to hear from the fans of my collection which two figures you'd most like to see more of or intrigue you the most. While the absence for six months is hypothetical, I'll still be making real posts and I may just include your choices if enough people want the same ones.

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53373408615_be210f8106_b
Page_1

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question 53373408620_8fea97544a_b
Page_2

BAMComix and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 6:24 pm

Scottish.Actionman. wrote:
Does that mean Gary that my box is allowed for this challenge  Question

You may pack you figures in anything large enough to carry them, but anything extra must fit into a box no bigger tan the one in the first pic.

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 6:58 pm

Thanks for clearing that up with me Gary my friend  cheers 
God loves a tryer or so the Saying goes  lol! lol! lol!,,,,, But is that my first pic or your first pic ???  lol! lol! lol! only joking Gary , As I can see that it is the box in your first pic  cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 7:57 pm

Razz  The vintage metal ammo box is fine, plus it looks super cool, so bonus points for that! cheers

(Not that we're keeping score or anything... are we? scratch )

As for the FINAL TWO in the K-Troop selection: what's this? No Commodore Bond-Fleming? Oh, c'mon! That's not fair! Bond-Fleming is among your funniest characters! He lends himself to all manner of retro-kitsch scenarios because of the long and varied career of the actor upon whose appearance the figure is based. And speaking of appearances, he's so deucedly good-looking! How could you leave Zardoz aka Quatermain, the star of The Man Who Would Be King and Darby O'Gill & The Little People, off this list? With a quick re-dress, Bond-Fleming could portray any number of amusing motion picture roles... and he could go around calling everyone "Junior."

And... and where's my favorite? Well, favorite aside from Glynis, so second favorite (secretly, first favorite, altho' Glyn wins on fashion points): Miyori? That chick is seriously easy on the eyes!

But... I guess Miyori staying behind would give you a reason to come home from wherever you wander off to. And there are already a lot of gals on the Away Team.

Since Connery A (Bond-Fleming) and Connery B (Arbuthnot) and Miyori will be holding down the fort back home, my vote would be for Spokko and The Dokko. The Star Trek Holo-Doctor character you've devised is snarky and quick-witted, and really funny when he pops in to stir the pot. Spokko is hilariously slow-witted despite his having a brain the size of a planet (not to mention other planetary-scale attributes I've heard rumors from among the ladies), so those two lads would serve well to round out the team during an extended Away Mission.

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 8:21 pm

Thanks Dave my friend  cheers 
It was a gift from my Very Good Friend Richi And I don't know much about it other than I'm guessing it was some pretty big fire power ( weapon that fired the 2 rounds that the Ammo box carried affraid affraid affraid )
And I wouldn't send my figures out in the field not fully loaded  Wink , And now to see what will fit in the Ammo box...... lol!

I'll speak to you soon Dave my friend  cheers
Very kind regards ,
Allan
Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Here's my 4 figure for the challenge. 4- Cobra Commander - Again I don't know to much about this figure other than he's a high ranking baddie,
And every good storyline needs a baddie ,
And they don't come much badder than this guy I'm guessing    Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Img_1441

BAMComix and JohnnyE4 like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 9:52 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Razz  The vintage metal ammo box is fine, plus it looks super cool, so bonus points for that! cheers

(Not that we're keeping score or anything... are we? scratch )

As for the FINAL TWO in the K-Troop selection: what's this? No Commodore Bond-Fleming? Oh, c'mon! That's not fair! Bond-Fleming is among your funniest characters! He lends himself to all manner of retro-kitsch scenarios because of the long and varied career of the actor upon whose appearance the figure is based. And speaking of appearances, he's so deucedly good-looking! How could you leave Zardoz aka Quatermain, the star of The Man Who Would Be King and Darby O'Gill & The Little People, off this list? With a quick re-dress, Bond-Fleming could portray any number of amusing motion picture roles... and he could go around calling everyone "Junior."

And... and where's my favorite? Well, favorite aside from Glynis, so second favorite (secretly, first favorite, altho' Glyn wins on fashion points): Miyori? That chick is seriously easy on the eyes!

But... I guess Miyori staying behind would give you a reason to come home from wherever you wander off to. And there are already a lot of gals on the Away Team.

Since Connery A (Bond-Fleming) and Connery B (Arbuthnot) and Miyori will be holding down the fort back home, my vote would be for Spokko and The Dokko. The Star Trek Holo-Doctor character you've devised is snarky and quick-witted, and really funny when he pops in to stir the pot. Spokko is hilariously slow-witted despite his having a brain the size of a planet (not to mention other planetary-scale attributes I've heard rumors from among the ladies), so those two lads would serve well to round out the team during an extended Away Mission.

Spokko and the Dokko would be good choices as I don't know if I could go six months without making a Star Trek or other Sci-Fi joke. This being said, it would be a touh choice to pick six out of around thirty figures I have and even tougher to pick two out of twelve. Also, my collection as it stands is much more diversified than I had originally envisioned and this allows me a great deal of flexibility in my posts, many of which are responses to the posts of others. To an extent, I could do what you are doing and recycle older images and put new speech balloons in them. All-in-all, it's an interesting thought exercise. I hope the challenge gets more responses. At the same time, whilst I realize that this foursome has already teed off in your case and you've made your choices and taken them with you, you could share with us, which figures you brought with you and why.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 10:07 pm

Thanks Dave my friend  cheers 
It was a gift from my Very Good Friend Richi And I don't know much about it other than I'm guessing it was some pretty big fire power ( weapon that fired the 2 rounds that the Ammo box carried affraid affraid affraid )
And I wouldn't send my figures out in the field not fully loaded  Wink , And now to see what will fit in the Ammo box...... lol!

I'll speak to you soon Dave my friend  cheers
Very kind regards ,
Allan

The box is meant to carry two rounds of training ammunition for a British L118 105mm howitzer. My suspicion from comparing projectile markings between these and other rounds for the same gun, is that these training rounds might have carried a less powerful explosive charge, which is suitable for training purposes, and probably much less expensive than if they were loaded with more powerful explosives.

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 10:23 pm

Hi there Gary my friend  cheers  ,
And thanks for coming to the rescue with information regarding the ammo box
That's good to know, At least I know now it came from a heavy field gun/cannon , ( if I'm right in saying that ) 
And I can totally understand what you are saying regarding keeping the costs down for training purposes. That makes complete sense Gary my friend  cheers

Thanks again for your help with this Gary  cheers
It's very much appreciated and I know Richi will be interested to find out , when I tell him.
I'll speak to you soon Gary my friend  cheers 
Very kind regards ,
Allan
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 11:24 pm

Allan I’m really liking your fourth figure choice for the challenge Cobra Commander. He sure does look incredible high ranking baddie for sure. I very very much agree with you 100% on every good storyline needs a baddie but of course I would be routing for the baddie Wink.

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 11:55 pm

Many thanks for the compliments Alex my friend  cheers 
On Cobra Commander figure.
When I saw him , I bought him there and then As I knew nothing about him But thought that he'd make a great Commander for the modern action man baddies figures  affraid affraid affraid lol! 

I'll speak to you soon Alex my friend  cheers .
Very kind regards ,
Allan
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 12:43 am

Hi there Gary my friend  cheers  ,
And thanks for coming to the rescue with information regarding the ammo box
That's good to know, At least I know now it came from a heavy field gun/cannon , ( if I'm right in saying that ) 
And I can totally understand what you are saying regarding keeping the costs down for training purposes. That makes complete sense Gary my friend  cheers

Thanks again for your help with this Gary  cheers
It's very much appreciated and I know Richi will be interested to find out , when I tell him.
I'll speak to you soon Gary my friend  cheers 
Very kind regards ,
Allan

I'm sure that as an Action Man collector, you are familiar with the Action Man 105mm Light Gun. This is basically an L118 Howitzer, scaled down for Action Man, and without the circular base plate the real gun would have had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L118_light_gun

https://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/action-man-equipment/105mm-light-gun/index.php

They are among the weapons being supplied to Ukraine and used against the Russians at this time.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 7:24 am

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Img_1436

I Chose these figures Because ; 1- G.I. Joe Atomic man , Mike Powers can be. The eyes 👀 in the sky's for the hole Team of 6 And As of yet, I Still have to find out more about him ,But the Atomic copter blades are a very handy accessory  ; 2- S.A.S. figure Because he's fluent in at least 4 laugages , His training doesn't come any better ; 3- Tom Stone Because he was a special figure taken out in the 70's , I really don't know much about him , But my gut feeling tells me , he's a mean lean fighting machine.
 I hope this helps explain my reasoning for my choices ,
And when I get more information I'll be sure to add it here  :cheers:Allan

Great choices, Allen, looking forward too seeing the final three cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question   Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Six Action Figures for Six Months Challenge Question
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next