ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat

Go down 
+5
Sgt_Elias
AManfromcoalville
lumarshall
Sparklebudgie
BAMComix
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Empty
PostSubject: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Thank you Dan for taking the time to do an interview for us

name ?
Daniel

online name ?
Danthecoat

location ?
Yep im an Essex Boy Smile but from Tottenham originally

First vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figure ?
Blonde painted head Infantry Tommy given to me by my older brother (I hated him at the time)

Favourite figure now ?
This one is a difficult question i suppose for emotional reasons my childhood british Tommy but as far as the Action Man range is concerened i dont think i could say as it changes almost daily at the moment im really loving the Painted Head fellas but im starting to reference the Hybrids next so that will change again,so its a boring answer but its like choosing your favourite child you love them all but favour their different attributes.

Most desired Item ?
LOL again this changes i desire what i need next but the Beret Vert is one that has escaped me for so long. I have kitbashed one and thought that would cure me but as with the GI Joe Trooper its mellowed me but if i saw one for less than £357 (Yep thats what the last one made) i would definately consider buying it.

What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
i dont think i could ever sell it and i dont ever put a price on my collection as its about far more than money,its my escape from a real busy life and i will leave it to my Children to either keep or sell it will be their choice or Charlotte can sell it when im gone if she needs to. Saying that if it all went tits up for me then i would sell it all for the sake of my family but to be honest i dont need much more in life, only more VAM (lol)

do you set yourself a budget ?
i set myself a budget on buying collections and at fairs and i am constantly changing bits over for more mint pieces as and when i find them and then i sell the rest put back to my float and whats left over i spend on ebay etc solely for my collection.Every so often i have a blow out on a figure (The Green GI JOE MP was my latest) but then i go real quiet untill i have made my money back Smile

worst vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figure ?
I dont like ANY of the sportsman figures i didnt as a child and i still dont now. I have got one of each sportsman in my collection as it represents the Action Man range but i WONT ever collect individual footballers i picked up a complete Man Utd footballer last week along with a Rangers Jacket and shorts but i will be selling them on as i just dont like them. I dont like the later colourful GI Joes i dont have a problem with MAM i find alot of the stuff a bit too oversized and a bit silly looking but it has great kitbash potential i mean look at what Zulu1 does with them. I mean whats not to like about his MAM Kitbashes ????

views on 40th reproductions ?
40th were great in my eyes at the time for kiddies and new collectors or people who couldnt afford the originals I mean you have to admit this is certainly NOT a cheap hobby. Over time i think they have become a bit ridiculous in price some even out sell the originals which is madness in my eyes. Alan Hall once told me that certain uniforms will be worth alot of money someday and its coming true now. He also put alot of money and destroyed his complete carded collection to fund this project so i do truely believe that he has long since distanced himself from the collecting arena and has become a business man. Do i blame him ???? No not at all he has certainly earned well from it and though unfortunately stuff now gets past off as original i dont see this as his fault. there are always
going to be dishonesty in this hobby there was before the 40th stuff and i believe the 40th stuff enables anyone to own that desired rare item at a fraction of the cost (although that will change over the years and become impossible)
Also look again at the kitbash potential Vaughan has made some breath taking examples and has some additions for the book and Action Man Day that will truely blow you away and i honestly believe that without the 40th range Vaughan would never have been able to make some of his creations i also believe this has a chain effect and without Vaughan i would cdertainly not have started Kitbashing and the likes of Zulu1 would never have existed.

Best thing about collecting vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 ?
Its the nostalgic feeling, the feeling of completeness. I still stand in awe of the Palitoy Range and love the foreign stuff too what an invention and again with Vaughans book and every other followers creations Zulu1,myself (Apologies if i missed anyone you are all as important to this Smile the sky is the limit. I have met some great people in this hobby some i would class as real friends and i am constantly amazed by the kindness that stretches across the globe when it comes to this fella and its something i try and return where ever and when ever i can Smile

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?
Yes i think Action Man will stay as its a real window into the past not just because of the Military aspect but it screams childhood, hes as important as your first bike your first computer he echos with the 3 day week,the four minute warning,the personal stereo etc................ Show him to ANYONE over the age of 30 and watch their faces light up.
I have an 18 year old son who used to love Action Man as a child and now i have a son whos 3 Tomorrow and he loves his scout car and Action Man that i gave him and as well as his main present i have wrapped some clothes for him he sits for ages putting the boots on and off and standing him up and he loves the hats too so i know he will always be a VERY special toy and not just to Daddy Smile
If you did not collect vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 what would you collect ?
Nothing believe it or not i really am not into collecting (PMSL) hard to believe but true !!

why do you like ammo ?
Without this becoming a political debate i love A.M.M.O as there is FINALLY a site that has no real need for moderation. Honestly i have nothing against Moderation but feel it should only be there to ensure EVERYONE has a nice pleasent time on a forum this includes free speech and VERY little Rules. On Osam its now clear to see there is no bullying, no elitism,no rules just for the sake of instilling rules.
I work in the Law industry and have studied Rules and Laws for 20 odd years and there is always a danger when coming up with rules and regulations because if they are needless then they only serve to warrent further rules and regulations thus you end up with Bureaucracy.
As long as people are polite and courteous then there are no need for moderation. everyones input is valid and as important and we are ALL members and it becomes a shame if people are always being monitored and steered into a certain direction for a certain outcome, free flow is where this forum is at and with this comes creativity,kindness and enjoyment, the forum is big enough to warrent everyones taste be that VAM,MAM or any other 1/6th figure and NEVER should a Member be ridiculed for their collection. everyone started in the same place with one figure some grow to hundreds others stop at a few some mix Mam and Vam and others stay purists. This does not make anyone better than the other and i hope this site continues to show this and if there is anything that pushes this hobby and its spin offs in a positive direction then it is welcome here FREE in every sense of the word Wink

ENJOY AMMO, IT WILL GROW AND EVOLVE WITH US ALL I PROMISE YOU THIS
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Superb interview Dan, great to read your opinions mate, great interview Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Great interview Dan Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Great to get an insight into a name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Brilliant interview Dan a great insight to a fellow collector
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Great interview Dan. Some really in-depth and Interesting answers;-)
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Great interview, Dan! You speak a lot of sense to me, and it's always great to read more about what members really think.
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 am

Great interview mate, good to know some more about you - i'll add it to my case notes on you Twisted Evil Laughing

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Came back to have a second look again Dan, a great interview mate
Back to top Go down
barney_leadhead
Painted Head
barney_leadhead

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 pm

And the bump prompted me to have a look - very interesting interview Dan.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Dan, it was a great read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Very interesting interview Dan, and great to hear such a positive attitude towards everyone who are members here.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Dan An Excellent Interview Pleasure reading it very powerfull insight, well done, Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 am

Just read this for the first time Dan,

brilliant mate.

Sir Sid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat   Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novembers (bonus) Interview - danthecoat
Page 1 of 1