ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !

Go down 
+7
somekindajoe
clivvers
Chip
inntruderr61
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
Gunner Munro
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Empty
PostSubject: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6337

Hi folks,

You will recall I had the good fortune to find this chap.
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6157

Well a recent e-bay find courtesy of Ackie88 , turned up this chap !

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6312

A charity shop find found this fella too
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6315

Sans most of his kit and hair but at least that great Mortar Raid webbing .

Another e-bay browse turned up this chap - not sure what set he is from but I like the head sculpt.

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6314

Hmm so an idea formed to create a Mortar team for the Munrovian MAM 2nd Battalion Heavy Weapons Platoon and then have a bit of kit bash .

First creating the Mortar team - a quick head swap and here they are .
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6326

No1 - He is the charity shop guy -swapped the head & added some MAM combat boots and a Chad Valley Helmet."Firing !"

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6327

No2 - More rounds !- Kept him "as-is"
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6328

Commander.- "Fire Mission!"- added a VAM beret and Bino's - the Walkie Talkie is Chad Valley.
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6329

Here they are in action.
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6338

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6333

That left the Mortar raid head ( no realistic hair) and the mystery body. The Undershirt effect looks really nice IMO.
So having married the two together I decide to give him a Munroviann Action Soldier look.

I used the Mortar Raid slouch hat ,added a 40th VAM set of GI Joe fatigues, some MAM boots . The cross belt was a very kind donation from Ackie88 ( Alexander )Very Happy

I added a belt order from the spares box - not sure of its heritage but its not MAM . The SLR is classic VAM but has been repaired  in the Munrovian Armoury. The Helmet is Chad Valley and the haversack is from Lanard Ultra Corps.The rolled Jacket is Cammo 40th GI Joe .

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6325

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6316

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6319

Moving  back out of the line...
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6332

I hope you enjoyed the pictures . cheers

Steve aka Gunner
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Gunner I really really enjoyed looking though each picture of your new Mortar team for the Munrovian MAM 2nd Battalion Heavy Weapons Platoon. Hope we get to see them in one of your stories in the future.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Fantastic idea steve to build a mortar squad! they look terrific! also great job on the soldier! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Fantastic photos! GM! cheers
And nice collection of figures!

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 12:03 am

Great set of pics .

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 1:52 am

I think that communication radio is universal in some modern 12" Knock-Off action figure sets, and I think some Ultra Corps sets as well:

Here's a few cheapos I have with what looks like the same communication radio, it's with Barbie Ken's best mate William (blonde):

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! 37715842786_740f8d9a18_o

It looks the same as this one:

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6329

somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Brace yourselves....SKJ is about to say something nice about MAM! affraid

That's a great mortar team! Really well thought out and put together. They'll be really useful supplying fire support when the Monrovians FINALLY decide to take the battle to the Dragonians! lol!

Random mortar related pic..

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Scan55

My dad was a Mortar man in the Malayan emergency.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Cool pic Steve! booooom! Very Happy

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Brace yourselves....SKJ is about to say something nice about MAM! affraid

That's a great mortar team! Really well thought out and put together. They'll be really useful supplying fire support when the Monrovians FINALLY decide to take the battle to the Dragonians! lol!

Random mortar related pic..

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Scan55

My dad was a Mortar man in the Malayan emergency.

Hi Steve,
what an ace photo Cool  Interesting to hear about your Dad being I'm Malaya - was he a National Service guy ?

My Dad was in the RAF - but the furthest he got was defending the UK from the Russians on the Isle of Wight !lol!

Thanks ...  some kind words about the MAM Mortars:shock: Shocked -lol!  The Munrovians do need to get out on some some active duty - Those Dragonians can't be just waiting for their Evil plans to succeed. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So some new recruits arrived :
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6352

An Immediate Mexican stand off occurs as the disoriented recruits spill out and are met by the welcoming team.

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6348

"Don't shoot mate they are MAM ! We may be home !!"
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6350

MR2 "Sir ! Two Mortar Raid Troopers reporting for duty"
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6354

Island Attack Ackie88.2 -"Pull a gun on me again and your Toast!
"MR 1 Sorry mate - we spent a long time in transit - You can't be too careful"
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6355

The other two figures flop out - uh oh Knock Off..
"I think we may be safe .."
"I dunno mate .. with our barbie legs and almost zero articulation.. I'm not too sure .. This looks like a serious outfit.

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6357

Mortar Team Commander: :"Come on boys - I'll take you to the QM team & get you kitted out and back in to active service."
MR 2 : "What about the other two guys Sarge ? "
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6359

MTC: "Don't worry - Ackie88.2 will take care of them ..."
Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6361

"Right boys ..It will be better this way .... Shocked  Shocked

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! IMG_6362

Life can be harsh in the e-bay 1/6th world for Knock Off....
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Fantastic pics of your new recruits GM! cheers

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 5:54 pm

I’v just finished reading the story of the arrival of some new recruits and I really enjoyed looking through the pictures and reading the text.

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Great pics gunner.......

Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Great photos Gunner, superb upload Very Happy Very Happy

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Great pics Steve. Your MAM stories are always top notch. Good luck with the new recruits.
I have successfully modded a couple of our MAM friend's heads onto the Chad bodies you I and a few others were discussing on t'other place. Smile Wasn't easy but looks good, I'll post up soon.

Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:57 am

I really like the gutsy sneer on the bloke in the first pic! Always great to find figures with different facial expressions to the usual one. Makes for more individuality in your photos else they begin to look like a troop of clones.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 7:56 am

very cool stuff steve bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:24 am

Suddenly, with a swift swing of his rigid, unarticulated leg, KnockOffMan catches 88.2 just above the back of his heel, sending him toppling backwards. Lunging quickly before 88.2 can respond, KnockOffMan wedges his unarticulated elbow across 88.2's throat.

"You want I should press with my full body weight?" KnockOffMan snarls. "It ain't much, but it's enough to break your scrawny neck. I'll let you think about it for a minute or two while I watch your face turn blue."

The other MAM's convulse in laughter.

"Guh! Gettimoffame!" gurgles 88.2, his eyes beginning to bulge.

"Arright, arright, enough is enough," chortles one of the MAM's, picking up 88.2's pistol and ejecting the magazine. "Maybe there's a place for you on the team after all, KnockOffMan. Now let our pal 88.2 have some air."

"Iwasjus messinwitcha..." gasped 88.2. "Innishiashun....gaaahhhhh...."

Grudgingly, KnockOffMan slowly released pressure on 88.2's throat. "Just a warning, brah; you haven't seen anything until you've seen my full-arm karate chop... and believe me, you don't wanna be on the receiving end."

"We'd invite you to join us for a beer," offered one of the MAMs, "but I'm not sure how that would work, what with your non-bending elbows and all."

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:29 am

Never under-estimate the power (nor the joys?) of rigidity, eh ??? Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 10:26 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Suddenly, with a swift swing of his rigid, unarticulated leg, KnockOffMan catches 88.2 just above the back of his heel, sending him toppling backwards. Lunging quickly before 88.2 can respond, KnockOffMan wedges his unarticulated elbow across 88.2's throat.

"You want I should press with my full body weight?" KnockOffMan snarls. "It ain't much, but it's enough to break your scrawny neck. I'll let you think about it for a minute or two while I watch your face turn blue."

The other MAM's convulse in laughter.

"Guh! Gettimoffame!" gurgles 88.2, his eyes beginning to bulge.

"Arright, arright, enough is enough," chortles one of the MAM's, picking up 88.2's pistol and ejecting the magazine. "Maybe there's a place for you on the team after all, KnockOffMan. Now let our pal 88.2 have some air."

"Iwasjus messinwitcha..." gasped 88.2. "Innishiashun....gaaahhhhh...."

Grudgingly, KnockOffMan slowly released pressure on 88.2's throat. "Just a warning, brah; you haven't seen anything until you've seen my full-arm karate chop... and believe me, you don't wanna be on the receiving end."

"We'd invite you to join us for a beer," offered one of the MAMs, "but I'm not sure how that would work, what with your non-bending elbows and all."

lol! lol! lol! - Brilliant Dave... Alas KnockoffMan didn't make it ... Shocked Shocked - not enough storage room at Gunner HQ lol!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
.. Alas KnockoffMan didn't make it ... Shocked Shocked - not enough storage room at Gunner HQ lol!

lol! lol! I remember as a kid the casualty rates amongst KO's was horrendous! The term 'snowball in hell's chance' just doesn't do it justice!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:36 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Gunner Munro wrote:
.. Alas KnockoffMan didn't make it ... Shocked Shocked - not enough storage room at Gunner HQ lol!

lol! lol!  I remember as a kid the casualty rates amongst KO's was horrendous! The term 'snowball in hell's chance' just doesn't do it justice!

lol! - Well said Steve  .. It became pretty serious with some of my VAM as well Embarassed - Thats why only two survived fully intact Rolling Eyes

I've been doing a bit tidying up and some of the MAM barbie legs /no articulation arms etc have had to go...

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Fullsizeoutput-1d1a

But as they say never waste anything ...these might come in handy for some conversions at some time in the future !! Shocked

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Fullsizeoutput-1d19
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Oh the horror!..., stop giggling skj Very Happy . Y'now Steve, these bodis from ebay are more or less a straight conversion for most mam?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scale-Male-Body-with-Highly-Cost-Effective-Edge-Caucasian-Skin-Tone-MX02-A/153317545770?hash=item23b270172a&enc=AQADAAADAFjVrDbVsZ8oH%2F8PNHtt9VX4%2Fw7FZcmMuqsX8uaFEduVVdNzzFoaOSwjHdMlbs6q1Er%2FOK%2BBbH0Jkoza8F4goKCMa4A%2BX6bu3IUv0%2FyrHw3xa9zDYB7oAyHCCJNXBFyqg%2F%2FXT6KaEssvy7fdvDjdnLf%2BqGSOmvec9JYvFedBUjkAo9tXGmXwFjFCerqZ61w2R1%2B7Jpj3iosqxOWfXiAtizYfZJMQ9WZeLWyMFPs1qlS%2FB%2BuWgTXXbCgbMlMAPYzu2ySVi1MMo4B0Z3vxbwvO0BIiAD4Ft5evdeptPcXGACBEK54rjuoZImcKnzb43ymobp6gwY4x6AEcrw0VQ33qE1a02j5vpn%2BE17kBwsyQyWUNigP%2FAPODSs7qUL8hUGu4YBJO13PycWrH%2BFE5qoxKlZTk70fCunV23mhrGWx0Bbl937C52fGgSud8otJ1reb2bI3DNvEceWz%2FLQKlpzPquomiBUfn4lJ1xiNi3q%2B%2F7C4HVnU8XycvRsVvhWcUm%2FaIliVobtumHFvJvil6apywhFVbDExKJ%2BBTo3lO%2FKXZJ7%2F%2BlHoA4v7zimraXs0zmaH%2FZxurlhl9HjlG2Jjtis869%2BX%2Flw%2FN%2FLA57wLTVxIF3yPzRgXWfp1%2FyIC9nuNKl3QugkdrH4E1uu3tJOPY2b0uSTHqbourdC2QosTWO0U59a32mbt3bJYkIRh7Sq4gwCo9nSM8HXEg0RZeUr7ISiNCLKp%2BAr%2B7re7ICjCO5CbIO%2BztMkU0gI1OTaDkJ8bgYNbgUaifc7sdE0UAL3K3PHbb%2B7fp%2BZPwpgLrfVqO4RFtxlARbldCeUq0qiv%2BQQNtWPRbv08Kbk46NFLrlvHtbFa%2FPQxLGpW0WgxYTi9eFUc6iUgX0tXi4uFTX3fMC9TuAkmnqYo6Kp98eNlaonhoRxYS4ww9Mifci8clZnp0U7rh7a5AiWFnBtLUrh70LYlvIPMXGgWg3f1s1ID2%2Fa%2FwDv%2FKNJXTwyi11CMIbR7f7ez3ykLFxpTG9nYsfPVTiqAoWp8s%2Fg%3D%3D&checksum=153317545770bef58bbc712a46aaaf79b89c19923915
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 3:40 am

Damn Gunner Munro....some of those heads there I'd like to have! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !   Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortar Raid - Fire for effect- make it count it's the last round !
Page 1 of 1