ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.

Go down 
+11
TNshooter
FIELD STATION 42
Gunner Munro
Porky
Rogue-Trooper
Chip
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
Dreadnought
TheNewGIjOEwithKungFuGrip
somekindajoe
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Empty
PostSubject: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 10:24 am

Hi guys, as you are probably aware, Mr.Redbox is the one character I have created that everyone seems to hate Laughing . Well, bad news has befallen on the old lovable rogue, his original head, a Redbox figure (Action Man k/o from the 70s I believe) which I repainted has finally succumbed to time. The cheap plastic that he was made from finally split completely making his old head useless now. I must admit, I was gutted as he is one of my favourite characters.
     Well fear not! Redbox is back! I repainted a Brad Pitt 'Fury' head which, I think anyway looks really good! So ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Demitri Redbox 2.0!!

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51641222658_60386a1dca_cDemitri Redbox 2.0 (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51640179512_7d9f208295_cDemitri Redbox 2.0 (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51641008676_8d6cafe3ef_cDemitri Redbox 2.0 (3) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51640179432_c70b18a0c4_cDemitri Redbox 2.0 (4) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51641222528_47a26ce18f_cDemitri Redbox 2.0 (5) by Dal Lee, on Flickr

the old Redbox sculpt will still appear in a few more chapters before the change will occur, but I just wanted to show the new and latest version!

Last edited by Blondeactionman on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 2:37 pm

Well the new and latest version of Demitri Redbox looks dam more scary, terrifying and looks like he would kill you if you looked at him funny lol!. The pictures you have taken of him are just incredible and fabulous Dal.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 2:39 pm

Poor old Mr Redbox!

Not only do they not make 'em like that nowdays..they didn't make 'em like that back then either! A redbox figure had a life expectancy worse than a Russian conscript on the Eastern front in WW2 so they were never built to last. Surviving to Dimitri's age is probably the stuff of legand in Redbox circles!

..but the new headsculpt looks every inch the bad guy and a fitting adversary for Jake and his crew so onwards and upwards!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 8:09 pm

I find the resemblance between the original 1970s Redbox head sculpt and this new Pitt Fury sculpt to be surprisingly close! It is unfortunate that the original must be retired (I hope you can save it for display purposes), but at least you have found a “close enough” replacement.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
the old Redbox sculpt will still appear in a few more chapters before the change will occur, but I just wanted to show the new and latest version!
It can be like those long running TV series where an actor was just suddenly changed, but with no explanation?
Nice paint job! cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 7:44 am

Thanks everyone for all the greet feedback on Demitri's new look bounce .
Alex, yeah, I agree he does look quite devious and crafty!.
lol! lol! lol! @ Steve, he did have a great run, and I must admit, I was gutted when I couldn't repair him Sad . I am looking forward to getting stuck in with writing his new parts as the stories continue bounce .
The chances re Dave, the old Redbox will popped into a box, I really don't think I can repair him again Sad . I do agree, that the new one does have a close resemblance cheers .
I am hoping so Barry. Thank you also on the kind words about the repaint bounce .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 11:03 am

After what happened to Redbox, I have decided to retire original Jake from Comic story duty. Jake and I have been together for a long time, and I would hate for anything to happen to him. Jake 1.0 has been put back on his original body and uniform. He will still appear from time to time, but Jake 2.0 will take up the lead in BAMComix from now on.
Yeah, I know what your thinking, he looks nothing like 1.0 Jake Suspect . I looked for ages for a sculpt that would match original Jake, but it's impossible Sad , so I decided on a complete reboot. I hope you guys like him? I would like to hear your thoughts and feedback. Thanks guys!

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51670253504_f74345816d_cJake 2.0 (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51670253414_0dc41f7f7a_cJake 2.0 (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51669718461_d183ac6520_cPatroling. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51669718341_351fbae0c6_cWhat was that by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51669718196_9df345bf87_cTake Cover! by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 11:20 am

Audiences loved Connery as Bond, but Roger Moore and Daniel Craig both became equally as popular. I suspect that over time, New Jake will become accepted.

The new version looks good paired with Agent Jenna, which is of key importance. He will also look good with the new version of Mr Redbox, who was recently replaced out of necessity.

An update to Jake’s look will provide a visual consistency in your stories, which are now largely based around seamless semi-realistic type figures.

I know you have considered a number of head sculpts for this project. I think the one you have found, while not closely resembling the original figure, will work to continue the character.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 11:25 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Audiences loved Connery as Bond, but Roger Moore and Daniel Craig both became equally as popular. I suspect that over time, New Jake will become accepted.

The new version looks good paired with Agent Jenna, which is of key importance. He will also look good with the new version of Mr Redbox, who was recently replaced out of necessity.

An update to Jake’s look will provide a visual consistency in your stories, which are now largely based around seamless semi-realistic type figures.

I know you have considered a number of head sculpts for this project. I think the one you have found, while not closely resembling the original figure, will work to continue the character.

Cheers Dave! It was never gonna be an easy task to find a sculpt that would work, so it's nice to know that you feel this one will work Very Happy . I agree, Jake 2.0 might take a while to settle in, but once he appears a few times, I'm sure folks won't notice, kinda like a new actor stepping into the role bounce . Time will tell I guess?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 12:54 pm

WHAT! you have decided to retire original Jake from Comic story duty. Well that’s a sad day for me. I’m so use to seeing the real Jake in the stories but I also totally understand why you’v got a Jake 2.0. I would also hate for anything to happen to Jake 1.0 to. Thanks for sharing this news with us Dal. Jake 1.0 may retire from being in stories back on his original body and uniform.

Last edited by No Face Fan. on Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:47 pm

I think the new Dimitri works a treat , and is very believable . I have to agree with Alex , what a sad day that Jake has retired . I think this would of been a better sub for Jake personally , especially if you re painted him blond-er  you did ask for suggestions didn`t you ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144242551360?hash=item219586aa40:g:gtkAAOSwk1FhZAdo

Or maybe this one with Blonder hair .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144243889003?hash=item21959b136b:g:ReEAAOSwv-lhZVbm

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 4:55 pm

Perhaps adding just a slight hint of grey to the hair, around the temples and as highlights, maybe would give this sculpt just a hint more "authority." I don't know how challenging that would be, but you seem to have excellent painting skills from your wargaming days. Use a water-based paint so if it doesn't work you can easily remove or modify it.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 2:27 am

There was a 1/6 scale Eric Dane as Tom Chandler (The Last Ship) head sculpt a couple of years back that would have looked better IMO.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1399-eric-dane-as-tom-chandler-from-the-last-ship-experiment

Sadly, it doesn't seem to be available anymore.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 am

Thanks guys for all the positive comments and suggestions about new Jake. Chip, it's funny, I looked at a lot of those sculpts before opting for the one I wanted, great minds huh? Very Happy Gary, that's a great sculpt! pity it is no longer available Sad . Hey, Dave, yeah, I'm still debating whether to do a bit of work on the hair, I will keep you in the loop bounce . Alex, I'm sure it won't take you long to get used to new Jake Very Happy
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Hmmm.....I wasn't sure what to think when I first saw this! Shocked

Jake, the VAM, the Legend replaced??

....But then I warmed to the new head sculpt. It probably fits in with the other figures you use in your comics better than real Jake did.

I'm not buying the concern for the original Jake's safety line however. Joe and Hank do plenty of 'Location shoots' and it's just a matter of being careful.

As long as we see Jake on a regular basis in other threads I'm ok with it all!¬ cheers cheers

How about kicking it off with a few pics of Jake back in his VAM gear!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Superb choice Dal.... cheers

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 11:23 am

Okay, so any of you that have followed my posts long enough will know that Jake has four addition members from his team, S.J, Pepe, Goldie and Tom. As Jake has been upgraded, the time has come to turn my attention to the other four members.
The first for the upgrade was S.J, often referred to as Jake's rottweiler, as he doesn't mind going the extra mile to get the job done. He served with Jake during their SAS days and made the rank of Sargent.
This tough Irish man loves a drink and a good fight! but when in mission mode, he is all business. He will follow Jake to the ends of the Earth if need be. Another point to mention is he and Demitri do not get along at all! In fact, they have had many a brawl in the past. Unlike others who often become intimidated by Demitri, S.J doesn't! He will call him out if he feels Demitri is taking advantage.
I used a M32 for his base body, and a EASY&SIMPLE ES 27002 Enforcer Corps head. I am very pleased with the final result. I hope you guys like Sean Jared Sullivan as much as I do bounce bounce .

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51803523793_d242326021_cSean Jared Sullivan (1). by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51803523693_543fcccf72_cSean Jared Sullivan (2). by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51804129390_6fef3280db_cSean Jared Sullivan (3). by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51803408006_9f233056fd_cSean Jared Sullivan (4). by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51803407856_d887f335b6_cSean Jared Sullivan (5). by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51803765844_f159a73956_cSean Jared Sullivan (6). by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51803765754_a0d401c3d9_cSean Jared Sullivan (7). by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 12:10 pm

I am very impressed by SJ 2.0! While the resemblance is not particularly close (other than the scar - nice reference to classic Action Man / Joe with that), the new figure captures the essence of the ferocious brawler with a hair trigger you established with your original SJ character. This character truly looks like somebody who could be sharing a good-natured laugh one moment and pounding somebody in to a bloody pulp with his bare fists the next.

The somewhat nautical sweater and jacket combo looks fantastic; wish I could pull off that look myself, but sadly, I lack the M32 physique.

I think the original SJ would approve!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 6:37 pm

I have to agree with Dave. The new head sculpt doesn't have much of a resemblance to the original SJ figure but it certainly suits his establish character/personality. Plus it's a really cool head! Great upgrade Dal.

...Although I am starting to worry now....

I'm sure you'll do a great job upgrading Pepe but what about the disco king Mike 'megaton' Goldie? You'll have your work cut out there! lol! lol!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 7:00 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I am very impressed by SJ 2.0! While the resemblance is not particularly close (other than the scar - nice reference to classic Action Man / Joe with that), the new figure captures the essence of the ferocious brawler with a hair trigger you established with your original SJ character. This character truly looks like somebody who could be sharing a good-natured laugh one moment and pounding somebody in to a bloody pulp with his bare fists the next.

The somewhat nautical sweater and jacket combo looks fantastic; wish I could pull off that look myself, but sadly, I lack the M32 physique.

I think the original SJ would approve!

Cheers Dave! you've just summed up S.J perfectly! I'm so pleased that you like him, and that he is a good upgrade for the original S.J! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 7:02 am

somekindajoe wrote:
I have to agree with Dave. The new head sculpt doesn't have much of a resemblance to the original SJ figure but it certainly suits his establish character/personality. Plus it's a really cool head! Great upgrade Dal.

...Although I am starting to worry now....

I'm sure you'll do a great job upgrading Pepe but what about the disco king Mike 'megaton' Goldie? You'll have your work cut out there! lol! lol!

Thanks Steve! I too am really pleased with how he turned out bounce . I came across the sculpt by accident but it worked out really well.
as for Goldie, he will be a challenge, However, i may have to just loosely base him on Goldie cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 12:30 pm

he looks an interesting and bad ass character , I like his jacket .

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 1:41 pm

Chip wrote:
he looks an interesting and bad ass character , I like his jacket .

Cheers chip! The jacket is or was from cots
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:58 am

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. 51817072680_4149d80bd1_cJake. by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Okay, so I missed his beard Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 12:08 pm

The new Jake looks brilliant with a beard.

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next