ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.

Go down 
+11
TNshooter
FIELD STATION 42
Gunner Munro
Porky
Rogue-Trooper
Chip
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
Dreadnought
TheNewGIjOEwithKungFuGrip
somekindajoe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 3:16 pm

I agree with Alex , the bearded look works better .

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 3:16 pm

Looks better! More mature!

Did you add a beard, or is this a different head?

It's very cool, whatever you did!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 3:26 pm

There ya go! He really looks the old Jake now.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 8:33 am

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
The new Jake looks brilliant with a beard.

Thanks Alex!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 8:33 am

Chip wrote:
I agree with Alex , the bearded look works better .

It was something he was missing bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 8:34 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Looks better! More mature!

Did you add a beard, or is this a different head?

It's very cool, whatever you did!

Yeah, it's a different head sculpt Dave. I do agree, it does make him look older cheers .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 8:34 am

TheNewGIjOEwithKungFuGrip wrote:
There ya go! He really looks the old Jake now.

Thanks so much! I agree too cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 12:57 pm

Goldie re-imagined, I used an M32 TBLeague male body and a Extremezone Samurai SAKIFUJI Craig Head, which came from ebay. Daxter is another of Jake's original SAS unit. The youngest of the bunch. His primary skill is a sniper, and up until his retirement from the regular army he was one of the best in the British Army. While in the SAS, his main rival on the shooting range for top sniper was 'Fives', his sniper partner.
This baby faced assassin was often joked about being able to hit a fly off a camels back while operating in the Middle East. His nick name came from when he took out a group of insurgents who were trying to high jack a gold shipment. Originally from South London, Daxter is easy going and quite a hit with the ladies Very Happy .

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51848030839_55509169b7_cDaxter 'Goldie' Collins (Re-imagined 2022) (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51846738022_279e7c4e09_cDaxter 'Goldie' Collins (Re-imagined 2022) (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51848360685_3d98e6043b_cDaxter 'Goldie' Collins (Re-imagined 2022) (3) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51846737922_5b0303d0da_cDaxter 'Goldie' Collins (Re-imagined 2022) (4) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51847773178_2fb7224c12_cDaxter 'Goldie' Collins (Re-imagined 2022) (5) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51847712136_2cd8b7a794_cDaxter 'Goldie' Collins (Re-imagined 2022) (6) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 2:18 pm

Superb re-imagining of your original Goldie character! This sculpt paired with the impressive assortment of field gear perfectly fits the backstory behind the character! Outstanding work! Each of your "modernized" versions of your forty years old figures and characters has hit the mark! I must admit initial skepticism about you being able to pull this off, but skepticism has given way to admiration! Truly well done, on Jake, Redbox, S.J., and now Goldie!

Has Goldie always had the "real" name of Daxter?

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 9:02 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Superb re-imagining of your original Goldie character! This sculpt paired with the impressive assortment of field gear perfectly fits the backstory behind the character! Outstanding work! Each of your "modernized" versions of your forty years old figures and characters has hit the mark! I must admit initial skepticism about you being able to pull this off, but skepticism has given way to admiration! Truly well done, on Jake, Redbox, S.J., and now Goldie!

Has Goldie always had the "real" name of Daxter?

Cheers Dave! I must admit, I'm really pleased with how he turned out. It also means a lot that you like all the others too, so far. Hopefully, I can pull off the same effect with Pepe and Tom? bounce bounce .

Nah, I had to re-write some of his history slightly, Goldie originally referred to Goldie's Atomic eye. As I could no longer use this, I decided to give him a 'file' name.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 9:40 am

Daxter sure has a Baby face Laughing. He’s definitely not wearing your typical sniper outfit that’s for sure. I’m really liking the whole backstory you have created for Daxter, very interesting and detailed. I’m loving the pictures you have taken of him Dal.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 10:18 am

Prof. Gangrene Fan wrote:
Daxter sure has a Baby face Laughing. He’s definitely not wearing your typical sniper outfit that’s for sure. I’m really liking the whole backstory you have created for Daxter, very interesting and detailed. I’m loving the pictures you have taken of him Dal.

Thanks Alex! really pleased you enjoy the back story and pics bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 2:48 pm

I am liking your takes on the updated characters , but no doubt I will miss those who have taken retirement . That`s a great young looking sculpt .

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 3:50 pm

Great job Dal! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 am

Chip wrote:
I am liking your takes on the updated characters , but no doubt I will miss those who have taken retirement . That`s a great young looking sculpt .

Cheers Chip! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great job Dal! cheers

Many thanks Jim!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 8:40 am

A shot of Dax's ponytail bounce 

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51852085990_99e0da9521_cCatching up on the news! by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 9:40 am

I think Dax's ponytail looks cool and I also think Dax looks modern cool reading a Newspaper.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 12:07 pm

Prof. Gangrene Fan wrote:
I think Dax's ponytail looks cool and I also think Dax looks modern cool reading a Newspaper.

Cheers Alex bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 12:34 pm

As I said in chat , those pics of figures acting out natural human behaviour look great . Bit of humour in your pic too somehow .

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 12:39 pm

Chip wrote:
As I said in chat , those pics of figures acting out natural human behaviour look great . Bit of humour in your pic too somehow .

thanks Chip! i guess they can't be shooting guns all the time, eh? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 3:10 pm

Hi Dal
the new 2.0 crew are coming along really nicely Cool

I think your quest to get very similar head-sculpts will be hard .. I like they way you are going with Character 'essence' .. the 2.0 crew deserve their own look.

Having just done a revamp of my own HQ , I'm thinking my original team deserve a bit better.. not sure if I should go down the Joe and Hank route and have separate outfits on different bodies ?- Actually three of them are on Cots bodies so could just start by getting them on vintage bodies Rolling Eyes

I'm thinking of taking them back to an AT vibe or may be just form a Sgt Rock type squad ?

keep on kit bashing.. the guys look ace.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2022 9:27 am

Gunner Munro wrote:
Hi Dal
the new 2.0 crew are coming along really nicely Cool

I think your quest to get very similar head-sculpts will be hard .. I like they way you are going with Character 'essence' .. the 2.0 crew deserve their own look.

Having just done a revamp of my own HQ , I'm thinking my original team deserve a bit better.. not sure if I should go down the Joe and Hank route and have separate outfits on different bodies ?- Actually three of them are on Cots bodies so could just start by getting them on vintage bodies Rolling Eyes

I'm thinking of taking them back to an AT vibe  or may be just form a Sgt Rock type squad ?

keep on kit bashing.. the guys look ace.

Cheers Steve! always appreciated your fantastic feedback! Yeah, essence is the key to it, i am never gonna get modern matching sculpts. My original guys are back in am uni's.
As for your own guys? vintage would be better, but if your happy with how they are, why change? Uniforms are a personal choice, you have to go with what you feel best mate. I'm sure you will work out which way you will eventually go, and I for one will look forward too seeing them  bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 2:12 pm

Another shot of Dax, he scrubs up nice! Very Happy

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 51855020487_d4043a5504_cTag Game - dates.com by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 2:52 pm

Dax off duty, eh?

He pulls down a nice salary there in the Black Ops biz, it looks like!

Nicely fitting civilian clothes you've found!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.   BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAM's Upgrades and ongoing figure projects.
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next