ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)

Go down 
+24
BigBear
Sparklebudgie
JohnnyE4
AdventureTeamHQ.com
ActionYankee
clivvers
somekindajoe
Reddragon
Captian action
ActionMan68
action bob
peterodgers
Rossini
Jet-
TheOneManKid
Beatlefan
inntruderr61
brownboots
Glidah Drivah
pachwerk
blueboxier
gibri
BAMComix
the_pauley
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 10:43 am

Hi all,

By the look of those Action Man 50th figures it looks like they've used the tools that made the recent reproduction Joes, possibly with slight alterations? It's the sunken rivets that point to this, the heads look very Action Man 40th, and with the same red lipstick and scar colour, the KFG hands are perfect and just like the first early issue Action man grippers.

These small pointers are not a bad thing in any way, anything that's offered to us in the line of vam/Joe reproductions at this late hour of our collecting career is very much appreciated by me, and no doubtedly all of you. We can't be too Nit-Picky, they didn't have to do this for us.

I would like to thank all those involved in getting this much welcomed project rolling, hopefully it will herald in some new AM fans to keep the forums alive.

It's nearly time for some of the Action Man 40th range to become officially vintage, now that will be a big spanner in the works of vam collecting & selling..

Let's hope Hasbro still have all the original MAM tools in storage bounce

clivvers @ AMWIC 2016.

Last edited by clivvers on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 am

somekindajoe wrote:
gibri wrote:
. Still regret not convincing the wife of the importance of a trip to Modelers Loft.

That shop in Caterham was a treasure trove of VAM and other old toys! It was a joy to just wander around browsing. Although I only ever went there 4 or 5 times in 20 years and I live less than 5 miles away! Rolling Eyes

You don't know what you've got till it's gone!

Steve,

I was there nearly every week in 2009 and 2010, i must of walked past you a few times? I used to spend about half a day in that shop just browsing, it was that good in there with so much to see. Modellers Loft that used to be in Caterham is a Legend, i used to dream about it when i went to bed of a night, I also posted about it on the official GI.JOE forum years ago. I have a photo of the shop front from a little distance away.

Imagine doing a five minute 'Trolley Dash' at Modellers Loft as a competition prize at their old shop in Caterham back in 2008, i would sneak in a few car roof rack elastics with hooks, that would hold the box mountain steady on my well oiled turbo charged trolly  Very Happy

clivvers @ AMWIC 2016.

blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 1:16 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
You don't know what you've got till it's gone!
aint that the truth

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Quote :
you don't know what you've got till it's gone!
Yeah!! They pave Paradise and put up a parking lot!! Wink

Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Rossini wrote:
Quote :
you don't know what you've got till it's gone!
Yeah!! They pave Paradise and put up a parking lot!! Wink

Lol
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Price......   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 08D75EEF-4CBB-4605-88CB-5AE792C7E875_zpsf1wfnwf3

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 CF4C092B-D126-4398-82A8-9F09BDEA7488_zpsphszlib2

...this just in.

Hamleys and Harrods to stock Action Man along with leading toy retailers and Amazon.

RRP of Action Soldier £34.99

RRP of Footballer £34.99

Other four To have higher cost.

Eagle eyes to be discussed next year. Other familiar outfits to be finalised for following year. Accessories to be developed.

...ouch!

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 10:44 pm

I do like the woven patches vs. the stickers we were getting.

The artwork looks okay, but seems a little lack luster compared to the old Joe and Action Man box art.

I've never been very good and ID'ing Action Man parts vs. G. I. Joe parts, but those boots are made from the Joe molds. They aren't Action Man boots.

I like that they are being released to different retail stores and etailers. I hope they do well. I do wonder about the price. Some of the G. I. Joe "timeless" and other reproduction sets were sold for deep discounts very shortly after being released. It got to the point that collectors were not buying and just waiting for the sales.

Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 11:15 pm

gibri wrote:
I do like the woven patches vs. the stickers we were getting.

The artwork looks okay, but seems a little lack luster compared to the old Joe and Action Man box art.

I've never been very good and ID'ing Action Man parts vs. G. I. Joe parts, but those boots are made from the Joe molds. They aren't Action Man boots.

I like that they are being released to different retail stores and etailers. I hope they do well. I do wonder about the price. Some of the G. I. Joe "timeless" and other reproduction sets were sold for deep discounts very shortly after being released. It got to the point that collectors were not buying and just waiting for the sales.

I totally agree Gib! I rather suspect these figure will only sell at a reduction, considering the price point and competition in the 'retro' Market. At present you can buy a pretty good repro ( and it is good!) Stretch Armstrong
for £19.99 straight off the Shelves of many stores, to launch an AM at £35 seems like it's overpriced even with the
'Collectors' tag kudos ( which fools nobody) it seems harsh!
Imagine being a Kid on the run up to Christmas and seeing that on a shelf...what would you think?
There's nothing about that package that would spark any form of imagination, to me it looks like the box would contain maybe Soap on a rope or a poor Jigsaw!

......I'm out I'm afraid which is disheartening because I very much wanted to be onboard with this!

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 9:18 am

There doesn't appear to be any weapons depicted in the graphics on the 50th boxes above, the diver has no knife and the paratrooper has no weapon like the original 1960's artwork had, a reworking of graphics to satisfy the censorship mob, but why let computer game box art through with weapons blazing £$£$£$£$$£$£$£$£$£$£$. Soldiers going into combat without weapons is unthinkable. I also think the 50th paintheads with gripping hands (KFG) is totally wrong, just my opinion.

C.

ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 3:44 pm

No weapons on box art = Hasbro's adherence to political correctness in American Society today. Mad

Parts: the knees and Grippers are from the Reproduction Joe stuff.

As for "Gripping hands on painted hair," None of the 50th figures have painted hair, they're all flocked.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
AdventureTeamHQ.com
Painted Head
AdventureTeamHQ.com

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 6:02 pm

The soccer ball isn't pictured either. Maybe you guys are reading too much into the artwork.

The bigger issue, IMO, is the artwork itself. Very, very uninspiring. They look very generic and have no nostalgia value or modern day "pop". I heard they got vintage Action Man artists to work on it, but even if that's true you couldn't tell it. Face it, these boxes suck. If they'd looked really cool, they might have helped sales a bill overall, IMO.

I'm down for a couple 50th figures because Joe didn't get a 50th and these figures tick a few of the right boxes for me, namely Kung-Fu grip and flocked heads. But none of the sets particularly excite me, so I'm mostly getting them to have some new figures and see what the 50th is about. I'm hopeful that some other stuff will come down the pike in the AM 50th line to really get me interested.

clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 8:06 pm

brownboots/Paul:
Quote :
Imagine being a Kid on the run up to Christmas and seeing that on a shelf...what would you think?
I would probably be looking on Action Man to see where i plug the mini usb cable from an iphone.

ActionYankee:
Quote :
As for "Gripping hands on painted hair," None of the 50th figures have painted hair, they're all flocked.

Yes you are right about the flocked hair, it was the first image of the 50th Action Soldier at the start of this topic that looked like it had painted hair. It would be so nice if carded sets, uniforms and equipment were released into the 50th range, plus some new colour variations to the polar explorer outfit.

AdventureTeamHQ.com:
Quote :
I'm hopeful that some other stuff will come down the pike in the AM 50th line to really get me interested.

I hope so too, we need to buy into the 50th range to help pave the way for more goodies down the line. I would also like to see some Adventure Team sets released over here in the uk, and again with newer color/colour variations to the outfits. The main box graphics are kind of ok for me because the style is comic book art, and i'm a big fan of comic artwork. The graphic style on the main box front also ties in well with the new Action Man comics.

So far i give the 50th range a 8.8 out of 10 (8.8/10) The 50th range will bring in some new faces to the forums.. It's all looking good and rosy for Action Man's future. Very Happy

blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 3:30 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
" None of the 50th figures have painted hair, they're all flocked.
now thats disappointing

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 6:13 am

On hearing the news...

Yay! New 50th Anniversary Action Man and Christmas is coming soon... cheers  santa  bounce

And then I saw the pics...

First this... Shocked

Then this... No

Then this... Sleep

And Tom K says... NO! Don't even think about!

lol!

Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 3:32 pm

well I missed out on the others so yeah I'm excited now will they do the Eagle Eye's too
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 4:01 pm

They are expected next year Johnny, I believe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Let's see if these come out this year first , still cannot find anything on Amazon or any other 1/6th related uk site , leaving it a bit late again if they are due October ?

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenAction Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 6:12 pm

More pics just in from AMHQ....

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 A19F41B3-AAD9-4A5C-8A32-842FBC5C7B7F_zpsm8os8ryw

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 83AE99D9-3872-4AAC-A511-D629BB221A3A_zpskogwtcrs

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Its nice to see that they have included a 50th logo on the outfits, might help solve the confusion some of the 40th stuff brings.
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 6:39 pm

brownboots wrote:
More pics just in from AMHQ....

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 A19F41B3-AAD9-4A5C-8A32-842FBC5C7B7F_zpsm8os8ryw

Wow that's one pinched Face!!

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 7:16 pm

why has he got his birds lippy on and his eyebrows plucked and then painted on ? is he the eddie izzard edition action man ? lol! lol! lol!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenAction Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Its nice to see that they have included a 50th logo on the outfits, might help solve the confusion some of the 40th stuff brings.
yes it is

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Captian action wrote:
why has he got his birds lippy on and his eyebrows plucked and then painted on ? is he the eddie izzard edition action man ? lol! lol! lol!
i'm glad i'm not the only 1 that thought that

Painted Head
BigBear

PostSubject: My thoughts...   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Initial thoughts are:
1) Great to see Hasbro try!
2) Very staid selection of figures in wave 1.
3) If they've made small changes in the outfits - plastic straps over cloth webbing? - well, it makes it a bit more interesting to collect, I guess?
4) GREAT to see everything marked as 50th!
5) I shall buy regardless of how many I've got in previous versions.
That's me for now. Time for bed... Boing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:29 am

Sadly though still no sign of when and where these will be available, only place i have seen id Cotswolds, would seem odd ordering Action Man 50th from the states and not here first!!

Fingers crossed it will be sooner rather than the 51st year

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 MyABLogo_zps958a73ad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next