ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)

Go down 
+24
BigBear
Sparklebudgie
JohnnyE4
AdventureTeamHQ.com
ActionYankee
clivvers
somekindajoe
Reddragon
Captian action
ActionMan68
action bob
peterodgers
Rossini
Jet-
TheOneManKid
Beatlefan
inntruderr61
brownboots
Glidah Drivah
pachwerk
blueboxier
gibri
BAMComix
the_pauley
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 11:08 am

lets hope so! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Volgan10
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 11:11 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 8:26 am

Clip from BBC East Midlands: (Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/bbc.emt/videos/1523147171035701/

Lots of vintage on sale today, guided tours, Q & A with at least 8 of the original Palitoy team, Feedback sessions with Art & Science and Bob Brechin. 4 of the new 50th on show, with some neat twists and better historic detail.

50th Infantry Division Badge on Tommy and correct medal ribbons for North Africa, Italy and Europe 1939-45, working parachute on Paratrooper in material pack (not plastic box with lid!), new insignia based on 10th US Mountain Division for Ski Patrol, great Bobby Moore with FA England badge of the 1966 type ...Scuba Diver with lightweight wetsuit with concealed zip looks great. Like the fact he's holding the dynamite in his hand in the box diorama. The poppy field behind the British Infantryman!

The boxes are ready made display cases with 3D backdrops. I think Art and Science have done a great job. Happy days (and Christmas) Smile

Lots of footfall with TV and Radio there Smile look forward to tomorrow!

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 1028C717-C239-4DEA-B10D-F02CCAF3271F_zpswkfvktph

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 36241C6F-9EF2-4CAE-AE51-D222A594BE97_zpskfp0wqb3

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 80A07359-809D-447B-913C-F06C60D11A2B_zps76mk3o3u

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 8FE1D8BD-E42F-4625-B5D7-989217B72CF9_zpsutadvl5t

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 E43D0EF4-ACF8-469E-8AA7-304229C6C3F1_zpsfevhgoyb

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 C39BEDFD-329F-4227-9693-CCA8333441FE_zpsyctecvmm

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 70FB1296-E419-4473-8F2D-04B4FC68EA83_zpso5v659ss
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 10:07 am

Great stuff! bounce well done to all involved in making it possible! cheers cheers

Last edited by Blondeactionman on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 12:27 pm

I really like the looks of that deep sea diver! Did not see that on any of the lists of figures. Will that actually be a future release?

Rich bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 1:29 pm

All the outfits look superb, especially the DSD, British Infantry and camo clobber. The Para camo outfit (jacket & pants) are identical to the Timeless G.I.Joe ones, which is a good thing, they are quality items, even the tightness is the same. The DSD looks fab, and i like the G.I.JOE logo on the front of the diving helmet. I just wish the designers get rid of that bright red 'Barbie lipstick' on the head sculpts of the 50th's, and also include some paintheads with hard hands into the range. The 50th head sculpts look like exact copies of the 40th flockies. I also hope these outfits will be available without the figure. It would be wise if the range was also sold in large stores like Sainsburys and Argos, it will be more exposure to the public who don't have internet and not everyone does online shopping.

Thanks for posting this update, have a nice day.

C.

peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:25 pm

When's that last one with the white beard being released? lol!

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:34 pm

no lead weights on the dsd i see

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:49 pm

blueboxier wrote:
I don't think lead would be allowed these days ? (health and safety) bounce  The DSD boot weights above appear to be the modern reissued G.I.JOE versions, they are painted and use a modern safer metal weight, i think?. They look much better these days, compared to the bare lead original ones.

Smile

Last edited by clivvers on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:56 pm

I forgot to mention about the window display boxes, they're great!!!! cheers

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

peterodgers wrote:
When's that last one with the white beard being released?  lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 6:51 pm

nice deep sea diver ,but is no one going to mention the elephant in the room ????/ it clearly has G.I Joe printed on the helmet oh and toys r us are listing them as available in store ,but I phoned my local; store and they don't have any , the big clue is they are not available for click and collect like the basic soldier and footballer ,not yet available on amazon , has anywhere actually got these other 4 that where promised in November ????? looks like they are on avery very slow boat from china , come on art and science pay your customs charge ................ lol! lol! lol!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenAction Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Cool stuff! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 8:47 pm

The deep sea diver (with GIJoe) is a prototype only. Before things are made things are trialled. It will have Action Man on! It's better to show what's coming, otherwise people feel a little left out I think. There are lead weights. The metal surfaces on this dummy were paint coated. Don't know if this will go to production but it looked great. And different.
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 pm

wiscan wrote:
The deep sea diver (with GIJoe) is a prototype only. Before things are made things are trialled. It will have Action Man on! It's better to show what's coming, otherwise people feel a little left out I think. There are lead weights. The metal surfaces on this dummy were paint coated. Don't know if this will go to production but it looked great. And different.
I agree it looked interesting and like the window box. Never had a vintage GI Joe or VAM DSD. Would be quite nice if this is a future 50th release.

Rich
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm all for the idea of re-releases etc, but I worry for those ebay die hards that will separate these down to sell them off as vintage. IE the BI medal or the gaitors. This may or may not bring new interest, that we'll see. However I'm no optimist & sorry y'all but all I see is yet another money spinner for those that thrive off of cheating the vintage market.
I am so tired of seeing for sale vintage like action man or vintage action man 40th anniversary!! This release won't help none either.

Sorry if this seems negative. I'm all for new & young blood etc. I'm just not one for being scammed as we all know is going to happen. This should be trade marked or should've been considered. Where all re-releases are marked as either 30th, 40th & so on. They wouldn't though because it will generate more revenue without the markings.

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 pm

clivvers wrote:
blueboxier wrote:
I don't think lead would be allowed these days ? (health and safety) bounce  The DSD boot weights above appear to be the modern reissued G.I.JOE versions, they are painted and use a modern safer metal weight, i think?. They look much better these days, compared to the bare lead original ones.

Smile
sorry to disagree with you on this 1 clivvers but i think the lead boots look best

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 4:50 pm

The Marine's Parachute Pack is much thicker than one's I've encountered, is there a parachute thrown in there?

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 8:16 pm

Captian action wrote:
nice deep sea diver ,but is no one going to mention the elephant in the room ????/ it clearly has G.I Joe printed on the helmet

I did  Laughing santa

clivvers wrote:

All the outfits look superb, especially the DSD, British Infantry and camo clobber. The Para camo outfit (jacket & pants) are identical to the Timeless G.I.Joe ones, which is a good thing, they are quality items, even the tightness is the same. The DSD looks fab, and i like the G.I.JOE logo on the front of the diving helmet. I just wish the designers get rid of that bright red 'Barbie lipstick' on the head sculpts of the 50th's, and also include some paintheads with hard hands into the range. The 50th head sculpts look like exact copies of the 40th flockies. I also hope these outfits will be available without the figure. It would be wise if the range was also sold in large stores like Sainsburys and Argos, it will be more exposure to the public who don't have internet and not everyone does online shopping.

Thanks for posting this update, have a nice day.

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Had the parachute out and it's a silk khaki working model with silk braided lines! The VC on the BI you can actually see the for Valour text. It's all noticeably better quality than VAM - I don't think you'd mistake any for VAM or 40th. The gas madk is self assembly and stem clip is in the gas mask bag too. He has the brown boots of the GI Joe commando to appeal to the US market and a refreshing change from convention.

The boxes are genius. You dont need to get them out to see and enjoy them. I found if you are not careful you can tear the locking card flaps, but if you slide a ruler underneath the flap comes out without stressing the card and risking a tear. Putting the clear tray in is best from the bottom up.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 10:50 pm

The parachute will definitely be fun outdoors cheers

Thanks for the update Rob bounce

Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Well I got a basic soldier for my birthday today... I asked for it knowing it was below parr but wanted it anyhow so I had one! In hand I see the badness of it!!! It looks crap, it feels crap, it can't pose its legs at 90° and if it could the tight elastic screws all that up as its more springy than Bruce Lee having an epileptic fit!!! The box art is as crap as it looks in the pics online, the uni is nasty cheap feeling fabric!! That being said the boots are made of a better plastic than the 40th and I'm still happy to own one as its part of the AM legend however poorly made! Arts+science you lack the creativity in reproducing AM but my hats of to you for doing what HASBRO couldn't be arsed to do themselves!

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Oh and the hands are awful!! At least in the promo photos they were obviously ML repros which are pretty good albeit the pinkish colour! These are like bad Cotswold grippers!!! I'll probably slip uni onto a 40th figure and keep telling the wife how nice it is and hide the 50th for spare parts

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 1:20 am

Hey now, those are Joe grippers. And they work just fine, much better than Cots grippers.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)   Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Action Man 50th Photos (Don't get too excited chaps)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next