ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!

Go down 
+10
blackbrazen
Beatlefan
gibri
Gunner Munro
Professor Gangrene Fan
Dreadnought
Rogue-Trooper
inntruderr61
JohnnyE4
somekindajoe
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I’m loving that you’v added a few more bits Dal. I spotted the alien in a jar, it’s on the middle shelf it’s the jar with the bright yellow stopper and the little dark red alien in it.

Well done Alex cheers , you found him a lot easier than I did!, he was actually hiding inside one of my jeeps, I think he was trying to escape Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:00 am

Gunner Munro wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Added a few more bits, would have posted some pics yesterday, but lost my alien in a jar Suspect , found him now tho! cheers . Can you spot him???

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 DSC00021

Hi Dal
its really starting to take shape now.. I'm loving the little details .. all you Dio's have a great 1/6th scale "eye".. must take a long time to track stuff down ?

Cheers Steve Very Happy , yeah it is starting to come together now. The 1/6 eye?, drives my missus mad especially when where out and I spot something! lol! , then again, she is now getting as bad bounce bounce I have found that often repainting dolls furniture pieces can be a real help.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:00 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Looking good cheers

With everything in the bookcases are looking great.

Many thanks Chris bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Where will the magician poster fit? Crying or Very sad

Is that the Battle of Trafalgar above the fireplace?

Ah yes, the magician poster, that is going into the extension part of the study cheers . As for the painting over the fireplace, I am not entirely sure? It could be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:16 am

I think the painting is "An English Ship in Action with Barbary Vessels". It's in the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich, so not the Battle of Trafalgar.
(Jake's version has been a little cropped.)

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 MXkclD

Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 am

well done mate bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 4:10 pm

LeStryge wrote:
I think the painting is "An English Ship in Action with Barbary Vessels". It's in the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich, so not the Battle of Trafalgar.

So a pirate battle! Awesome!

You're quite the art historian, there, LeStryge! Thanks for the I.D. and for the higher res pic!

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Wonderful work Dal !!! Very Happy Looks absolutely fab.

The leather sofa looks brill.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Wonderful work Dal !!! Very Happy Looks absolutely fab.

The leather sofa looks brill.

Many thanks! means a lot mate bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 11:46 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
You're quite the art historian, there, LeStryge! Thanks for the I.D. and for the higher res pic!
You're very welcome!
It was remiss of me not to provide the artist's name.....which is Willem van de Velde II.

Looks like the English are really kicking some pirate arse in that painting.
Interesting little detail. Notice the many holes in the English ships sails from cannon balls fired by the pirates in an effort to dismast her? Obviously unsuccessful, as she has triumphed with cannon-fire of her own and knocked the masts off both her opponents, probably by using two cannon balls connected by a chain.
These battle must have been awesome to observe.

England does have such a wonderful and extensive tradition of maritime art.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 48160784421_02d8208bef_cProgress report by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Hank is in the study with Jake updating him on their progress, "Well Boss, we are nearly finished, just need a few finishing touches then we can move all your stuff back in" Said Hank looking rather happy with himself,
"That is fantastic news! It get's quite difficult trying to get any work done in the Arms!" smiled Jake.

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 48160626066_c2ce7cde77_cChecking out Jake's Study by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Oh no! the adipose has ventured into Jake's unfinished study! I hope they don't get into any mischief!..., still it could be worse, the minions could have found their way in there!!!!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Liking these pictures Dal Wink.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:08 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Liking these pictures Dal Wink.

Thanks Alex bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:48 pm

That "adipose" pic is uncanny! Shocked It looks exactly like a scene in a digitally animated motion picture! The lighting and the detailed set create an extremely cinematic appearance.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:52 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
That "adipose" pic is uncanny! Shocked It looks exactly like a scene in a digitally animated motion picture! The lighting and the detailed set create an extremely cinematic appearance.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks David! such a fantastic comment! they do have a charm to them bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 am

cheers cheers cheers

he he cool! Very Happy

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 7:59 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
cheers cheers cheers

he he cool! Very Happy

Very Happy Thanks Jim
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 4:55 pm

While waiting to get supplies I have been adding bits and pieces back into the study. Here are a few pics.

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 48205396431_303df3bc14_cJake checks out the latest work. by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 48205451942_301384ddcb_cProgress Pic. by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 DSC00014

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 DSC00020

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 DSC00021

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 DSC00001

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 DSC00008-1

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 4:58 pm

now thats an office
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 5:07 pm

JohnnyE4 wrote:
now thats an office

Cheers Johnny bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Simply setting the desk back in place really changes the generic space in to a cluttered, atmospheric office that looks like it's been that way for decades!

The desk is amazing! What is that? An old jewelry box, perhaps?

I love Jake's wristwatch, too! His entire outfit looks so perfectly in-scale, including the drape of the fabrics, which is not easy to achieve in 1:6 scale, especially for heavier clothing items like denim jeans.

The 4th pic from the top, the wide shot of the study, reminds me very much of the work of one of our favorite 1:6 modelers. I fully expect to see Baghead himself walk in to the scene.

What supplies are you waiting on? Do you have additional detail work in mind? Or is it for more major construction?

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 5:57 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Simply setting the desk back in place really changes the generic space in to a cluttered, atmospheric office that looks like it's been that way for decades!

The desk is amazing! What is that? An old jewelry box, perhaps?

I love Jake's wristwatch, too! His entire outfit looks so perfectly in-scale, including the drape of the fabrics, which is not easy to achieve in 1:6 scale, especially for heavier clothing items like denim jeans.

The 4th pic from the top, the wide shot of the study, reminds me very much of the work of one of our favorite 1:6 modelers. I fully expect to see Baghead himself walk in to the scene.

What supplies are you waiting on? Do you have additional detail work in mind? Or is it for more major construction?

Cheers David! I wanted to keep the cluttered, almost chaotic look to Jake's office to show it is a working office. Yeah the desk is made from two old jewellery boxes that I chopped up to make his battered old desk bounce

Ah, Jake's clothes, they are a mixture of hot tots, bbi and basic 1/6 clothing, his boots are U.S WWII paratrooper boots slide under a pair of Steve Rogers jeans, his top is generic stretch top I found on he bay and his watch is a modern action man watch which Professoer Gangereene fan gave me. In fact my wife often Jokes that Jake's clothes cost mre than mine lol!

Ah, you caught me, the colour scheme of the office is based on Nick's Paranormal a investigators nd expeditious hero, Professor Challenger! However, the compliment you have given me, well there is no higher praise than that! so I will happily except it Very Happy .

As for work left to be done, its really just small bots now, finding a few more bits for the office, skirting boards and trim for the ceiling. Oh, and I also want to get Jake a chair so he doesn't have to keep standing up! lol! lol! lol! . The extention to the study still requires some work, but once I pick up the supplies, hopefully it wont take long to finish cheers cheers cheers

Oh how I wish Baghead could come walking down those stairs bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 1:08 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
In fact my wife often Jokes that Jake's clothes cost more than mine lol!
Oh ain't THAT the truth!
It so often astounds me that I'm able to buy a garment that would fit me SO much cheaper than a 1/6 scale version.

Loving all the clutter in the study. You must have been collecting suitably scaled detritus for ages!
I always think it's the agglomeration of "stuff" that really brings any diorama to life.

Does your diorama have doors or some other closure in front to prevent the collection of dust?
Not sure how you could go about dusting that set-up.
Trying to vacuum would be a disaster!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 2:36 am

Fantastic work Dal, definitely looks suitably cluttered and so realistic!

But, it's got me wondering what else you want to add and where could you fit it in?

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 8:06 am

LeStryge wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
In fact my wife often Jokes that Jake's clothes cost more than mine lol!  
Oh ain't THAT the truth!
It so often astounds me that I'm able to buy a garment that would fit me SO much cheaper than a 1/6 scale version.

Loving all the clutter in the study. You must have been collecting suitably scaled detritus for ages!
I always think it's the agglomeration of "stuff" that really brings any diorama to life.

Does your diorama have doors or some other closure in front to prevent the collection of dust?
Not sure how you could go about dusting that set-up.
Trying to vacuum would be a disaster!

Thanks Barry cheers Yeah 1/6 clothes can be a pain for the cost, but sometimes you have to pay for the look you want.
Yeah, I have been collecting odds and ends for years, anything usually that catches my eye that I think will work in 1/6 scale. As for doors?, no mate my dio's don't have doors so every so often the duster has to come out! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!   Jake's Study Rebuild, take three! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jake's Study Rebuild, take three!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next