ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

" Doc " from Platoon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

" Doc " from Platoon  Empty
PostSubject: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2022 7:00 pm

Hi all , if you not seen the Movie Platoon . ( Then you really should ) . This figure is going to look like another Vietnam war Kit bashed figure . But I have added him to my bunch of other Platoon Movie related figures , and this is Doc . Not one of the main characters , but I thought the sculpt resembles the actor Paul Sanchez , and so went with it . Like many medics , Doc keeps a piece of plastic tube in his web harness , amongst other things as a tourniquet to tie off those bad wounds . I used a Cotswolds claymore bag , far to under scaled for the real deal , but will suffice as a medic bag for Doc . Most medics tried to look like the rest of the grunts as they were prime targets for the NVA and Vietcong . Perhaps close to reality , I don`t recall seeing Doc using his M16 in the movie . Anyway here he is .

" Doc " from Platoon  1-P1150105

" Doc " from Platoon  2-P1150119

" Doc " from Platoon  3-P1150121

" Doc " from Platoon  4-P1150114

" Doc " from Platoon  5-P1150117

" Doc " from Platoon  6-P1150103

" Doc " from Platoon  7-P1150116

" Doc " from Platoon  8-P1150108

" Doc " from Platoon  9-P1150110

" Doc " from Platoon  10-P1150113

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2022 8:52 pm

Another OUTSTANDING figure Chip!

I've only seen Platoon one time, and it was years ago. I don't
remember much about the movie. But as I recall it was rather grim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2022 10:34 pm

Mark, have you ever considered doing a group shot using a lot of your figures in a 'Nam type setting?
They look so authentic, ...I'm running out of superlatives.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2022 11:11 pm

Thanks chaps , I am itching to find an out door location where I don`t have to walk to far , carrying camera gear and twenty odd figures , where I will get some peace and quite , and four or five hours to set it all up and photograph it . Everywhere I have investigated so far has regular dog walkers / walkers , I know they wont be able to resist coming over to look at what I am doing . I used to , before corvid and other ill health , spend a great deal of time photographing wildlife , if I had a pound for every time some idiot or their uncontrolled dog had walked over to me flushing or scaring stuff off .....Hopefully one day Barry .

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 12:26 am

Chip wrote:
I know they wont be able to resist coming over to look at what I am doing .
Mark, I can imagine how annoying that must be, however in all honesty I'd be absolutely fascinated myself!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 12:54 am

Yeah I can understand the curiosity , but gets very annoying after so many times ... I guess I am getting old and cranky . Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:37 am

Chip wrote:
.. I guess I am getting old and cranky . Very Happy
Beat you there on both accounts!  lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 7:34 am

Another quality bash Chippers! I really like the sculpt on this chap, and more importantly, how close it looks to his movie counterpart. You have a great knack for finding just the right head for each character, brilliant work mate!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 11:44 am

Great bash! Llove the attention to the little details! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 11:50 am

Thanks so much for the further kind comments and compliments , much appreciated . Wink

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:20 pm

Another wonderful looking bash Chip. Very Happy  This collection of yours has some real gems in it.

What really attracts me is that flair you have for the detail in putting these together, as Steve mentions.
The uniform is superb, 21st Century ?

I have 'Platoon' somewhere in the DVD collection. It's a great movie, I may revisit it.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 3:54 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Another wonderful looking bash Chip. Very Happy  This collection of yours has some real gems in it.

What really attracts me is that flair you have for the detail in putting these together, as Steve mentions.
The uniform is superb, 21st Century ?

I have 'Platoon' somewhere in the DVD collection. It's a great movie, I may revisit it.

Thanks Kev , Some time ago Sideshow released a series of Platoon figures , the main three being Taylor , Elias and Barnes . Soon after they released a limited series of 500 each , of Rah , O`Niel , Lerner played by Jonny Dep , which a lot of people seem not to notice , I think it`s likely where his career started , and King the M.60 gunner . I did get all the exclusives , which I haven't removed from their boxes as yet , surprisingly they still to my knowledge don`t fetch much money . I don`t know why as they are half decent sculpts and the kit is good , bar the ammo pouches and elastic belt . Anyway these 1st issue figures are where the uniform came from . Later Sideshow released two of the platoon figures again , namely Taylor and Barnes , The ammo pouches were far far better cloth versions , other than that there was not a great deal of difference , except in cost . Which is why regrettably now I didn`t get them .

PostSubject: Re: " Doc " from Platoon    " Doc " from Platoon  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

" Doc " from Platoon
Page 1 of 1