ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

" O'Neil " Platoon

Go down 
+2
TNshooter
Chip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

" O'Neil " Platoon  Empty
PostSubject: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 11:43 am

Hi all ,  another addition to my Platoon Movie characters . This is  " O`Neil " . I don`t recall seeing that many red haired figures , and I think there is some likeness to the actor . I think this is a ZC body , a little to Muscled for O`Neil maybe , but looks o.k . I was lucky enough some years ago , to score the sideshow exclusive figure O`Neil kit loose , till now it was in my bits boxes or spread across other figures , but looking at this sculpt , I scavenged it all together , customed and added a few bits and here is the result .

" O'Neil " Platoon  1-P1150087

" O'Neil " Platoon  2-P1150090

" O'Neil " Platoon  4-P1150092

" O'Neil " Platoon  5-P1150098

" O'Neil " Platoon  6-P1150102

" O'Neil " Platoon  7-P1150096

" O'Neil " Platoon  8-P1150100

" O'Neil " Platoon  9-P1150089

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2022 11:58 am

Another great figure. What blows my mind are the TINY little details you have.
Where do you find those? The cross on a strap around his neck, the dog tags
taped so they don't rattle, the wrist bracelet on his right wrist and the cigarette?
The semi crushed pack of Marlboros in his helmet band. Those details just
blow me away.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 1:39 am

You REALLY need to do some recreations of actual scenes from "Platoon" now that you have most of the characters!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 7:18 am

Very cool Chip! bounce bounce  He looks really relaxed in the shots in just his t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Thanks for the kind words chaps , I will try and post some more of my platoon figures soon , and I will see what I can do for re creating some scene / s for you Barry . Very Happy

Thanks Daryl , I home printed the Cigarette Packet , and made the smoke . Not to hard to tape the dog tags together . I think the necklace and bracelet came in " O'Neil's " original set . You can normally scratch make a lot of stuff , if you can not find it online or don`t want to pay for them . Thanks for your kind comments .

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 9:43 am

Wonderful detailing again Chip. It makes all the difference. I do know how sought after the Sideshow stuff is so you made a good acquisition there with the loose gear. It looks fantastic upon the figure.
I have some pdf templates for cigarette packs, pizza boxes etc. I must make up a few for props.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 9:17 am

Chip wrote:
Thanks for the kind words chaps , I will try and post some more of my platoon figures soon , and I will see what I can do for re creating some scene / s for you Barry . Very Happy

Thanks Daryl , I home printed the Cigarette Packet , and made the smoke . Not to hard to tape the dog tags together . I think the necklace and bracelet came in " O'Neil's " original set . You can normally scratch make a lot of stuff , if you can not find it online or don`t want to pay for them . Thanks for your kind comments .

Cracking work Chip cheers cheers cheers as the guys have said the detailing is excellent...and can be quite 'fiddily' to get right.

looking forward to the group photo Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 10:52 am

I’m really liking O`Neil‘s head sculpt. His face looks so realistic looking.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2022 11:39 am

Many thanks for the further kind words . Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: " O'Neil " Platoon    " O'Neil " Platoon  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

" O'Neil " Platoon
Page 1 of 1