ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gunner Munro's collection.

Go down 
+28
JohnnyE4
Rustygun
Glidah Drivah
Wolf_Soldier64
inntruderr61
Jet-
gibri
BAMComix
somekindajoe
FIELD STATION 42
Dreadnought
Beatlefan
Professor Gangrene Fan
ActionYankee
Gunner Munro
ghost recon
clivvers
Acam24-7
thierry
Teckno Viking
Pete_AM
SlackElastic
blueboxier
Reddragon
peterodgers
Captian action
eccy79
Rossini
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:34 pm

gibri wrote:

Wow, that is a conundrum, to be on Hank and Joe's radar or not to be on Hank and Joe's radar...I can't decide what would be...er...best :

It's probably fine . . Unless you're an Atomic man!! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Dragonian's make their entrance- Did you VAM have an enemy?   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi folks
It's a bank holiday here in the UK and what better way to spend a BH Monday than rummaging in the 1/6th Spares Boxes !!

SWAMBO is a bit under the weather so I got permission to play most of the day ! Shocked Shocked

SKJ asked me about the Munrovians key enemy , the Dragonian's . What was I doing to get these guys going?

Back in the day my VAM battled mostly against imaginary enemy - the occasional Sindy's pal  Paul . Rolling Eyes  When I got back into the hobby last year I wanted to create an enemy worthy of the Uniformity project - It was just something that I never got to do as a kid so thought - why not as a 56 year old one ? lol!

Steve got me thinking about the enemy and you can do some cool things with them - so I have made a start . Here are three squads of the Dragonian menace. Twisted Evil

The Red Claws.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 D9F996F4-DA41-4C9A-A827-72CD10797266_zpsrl4cuqbq

The Red Claws are the Dragonian's - Elite shock troops. They are the first wave of any attack . They are lightly armed for fast manoeuvre & assault. They are dressed in blood red as they are quite prepared to die in breaching enemy defences.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 B1130223-60F7-40B1-8FC3-9815B26E418E_zps7r0zfbpt

This is Commander Vorax and two of his troopers. Each  Dragonian unit is commanded by one of the Dragonian elite officer Corp. Schooled from 5 in the ways of the warrior they style their look on the  Dragonian ruler Prince Wrathian.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 BBFEC2BE-322D-45EF-BB6E-9D019CDDE2C2_zps3o6p6v7v

An Assault Grunt and his number two. The head bands are signs that they have completely committed themselves to "first into the breach" philosophy of the Red Claws. They don't expect to survive .

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 EFE52C6E-29AB-42C2-BA8B-E7FF141C2FFE_zpscqmftoqa

Vorax's number two, Captain  Hort . The Mace a symbol of the CQB the Claws are infamous for.

These guy still need some work - but I think you get the idea !

The Black Crows

The Black crows are the elite guard of the Dragonian General in charge of the invasion and subduing  of Monrovia.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 94E87623-0A19-4412-8641-3EBDFFBF3F7A_zpsptf3qeuo

This is the Crow Unit Commander Xerax. Known as the "slayer" - He eschews any weapons such as pistols or SMG in favour of his sword , forged from Dragonite steel.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 19A14099-7234-44DB-8920-D293EF364B9A_zps4xyag5nv

The unit are handpicked from the Clone Warriors . They have enhanced vision glasses - these enable them to see at low light and enable them to retain 20/20 vision in all circumstances.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 F3331397-062D-4902-93B0-9BE8DF2D2CC6_zpscjhsej4s

General Wotang- The most feared and respected of the Dragonian high command. He and Prince Wrathian were schooled together in the military Academy .

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 6F283169-FD91-4139-BDDE-C83A742C675D_zpsphymg9yz

Hax. He is the Generals personal body guard. He has been cyberneticaly enhanced and wears his 360 command hood. This enables him to tap into any satellite data and always be aware of where his General is.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 40EB9417-11C2-444C-8B47-18545AED231D_zps55mzfswz

The Hunter Scouts.

Some of you may remember Black and N01's dramatic Summer holiday mission and their deadly foe Drax.

Drax was thwarted in his mission but remains a key figure in the hunter scouts. Here he is with his two clone brothers Drago & Dagg & his unit handlers.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 1383D0C0-D00A-4F23-9EC5-F62FD0E0CCAB_zpsk5c9rafj

Drago and Forax

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 E64C7215-FDF1-43FD-B289-0DA1F1319648_zpsenjitr3l

Drax and Dagg
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 5EA85E7D-A4EF-4C60-8E13-B7904A48B737_zpsr1os41ka

Commander Frost.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 EE18593E-896C-4436-9C46-8E26CECDBDCD_zpseywf9a53

Hunter Support

These guys operate as support troops to the Hunter scouts. Here they are with Commander Vor.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 D134D20F-AB2A-4E9E-9B90-DE0713BB4BD9_zpszf6wtahx
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 7FE5C537-47C5-478F-861E-DA5C07A5710C_zpsvnbpjcja

I'm hoping to add 'Improvers " to these guys as I go a long .

Take care - and watch out there are Dragonians about !! lol!  lol!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:28 pm

It's no secret in VAM circles that I'm not a big fan of MAM and all the other modern figure toys, in fact I consider the plastics recycling bin to be usually the best place for them..

But..

Wow Mr Munro wow! cheers

That's a crop of bad guys any VAM army would be happy to battle with. Some great concepts there. I want to boo and hiss at them already! lol!  The Munrovians really have their work cut out facing that lot!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 11:07 pm

I have to agree with Steve!, they look like a fearsome group of villains for sure! I can see these guys causing some problems at GM HQ! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:03 am

They all look good Gunner,

Dr.X looks like a revolutionary with that Ultra Corps body. I'm so pleased that Max Steel is now being celebrated, I can now get mine out without any shame after years of being stored away after being shunned by vamsters. It's also good to see Ultra Corps finally making a big show, they've been some of my favourite figures for ages Wink

Steve (SKJ),

We'll get you collecting some MAM and Max Steel figures before you know it Wink

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 2:23 am

Great stuff! Love the pics! cheers

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:33 am

clivvers wrote:

Steve (SKJ),

We'll get you collecting some MAM and Max Steel figures before you know it Wink

Never happen! Cool

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks guys, cheers

Gotta find some use for those MAM/Max Steel figures lol!

Steve - I'll send you a Max Steel to keep Mike Power company lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 12:59 pm

I'd be completely lost for space with that number of little people to look after. Great looking troops my friend.
I wonder as I have once before, but failed to ask. The little chaps in the red devil unis are very Willem Dafoe in appearance head sculpt wise. I wonder if their mould was crafted from his features?

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 7:10 pm

ghost recon wrote:
I'd be completely lost for space with that number of little people to look after. Great looking troops my friend.
I wonder as I have once before, but failed to ask. The little chaps in the red devil unis are very Willem Dafoe in appearance head sculpt wise. I wonder if their mould was crafted from his features?

HI GR
Not sure about where Max's inspiration came from- like MAM he seemed to have three basic HS- this one , a more "purposeful" and plain wet "smiler/smirker" Rolling Eyes

I'm sure there are some Max Steel experts out there that can help us. Very Happy

Cheers
Steve
PS storage is becoming a problem- think it might be 50% of the home office becomes VAM Cave lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
I'm sure there are some Max Steel experts out there that can help us. Very Happy

Well they're is only one member you need to ask about nearly anything todo with Max Steel and that's our very own Max Steel expert CLIVVERS Wink.

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Expert Ackie says, who me, nah!..

All I can say is: Max Steel is a 12" modern day continuation/upgrade of the much loved and classic Big Jim/Mark strong figure from the early 70's, Max even continues the famous Big Jim colours. Yep there appears to be 4 Max head sculpts doing the rounds, plus 3 levels of articulation, the early bodies are the heaviest and less articulated than the later ones, the later ones are lighter and have the best articulation. They all have that classic 1977 style parted hairstyle, which I used to sport back then lol!

Who would win in an arm wrestling match between Max and MAM?? answers on a post card please lol!

Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:56 pm

I'm thinking of using my Max Steel figures for my Nam kitbash.

They look so young...and as we all know the average age of a soldier in Vietnam was nnnnnn........ nineteen lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

They look so young...and as we all know the average age of a soldier in Vietnam was nnnnnn........ nineteen lol!

Yeah but max steel looks about 12!! lol!

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:30 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

Yeah but max steel looks about 12!!  lol!
That's because we are getting old Steve, have you started to notice how young the coppers are looking these days? they look like they've just left skool! lol!

Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Everyone under about 30 looks 12 to me lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 6:14 pm

I think Nivea and playing with Action Man out in the fresh air is a good prevention for ageing Wink

Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Awwww that's a shame that you never got to do a enemy worthy of the Uniformity project as a kid so you thought - why not as a 56 year old one, well your never to old to start recollecting again Wink and that's what your doing now at 56 years old Very Happy. I'm really really liking each Dragonian's squad that you've very cleverly created and kitbashed together with a lot thought. The Red Claws squad Dragonian's - Elite shock troops are kitbashed nice and simply in my opinion, I just loved what you typed about them They are dressed in blood red as they are quite prepared to die in breaching enemy defences. it explains why they wearing red jumpsuits. Commander Vorax just looks great.
Captain Hort Vorax's number two man he looks like a man not to mess with hu, the whole outfit, helmet, scarf over mouth and Mace a symbol of the CQB makes him look very scary to me.

The Black Crows are kitbashed nice and simple again, they look cool and awesome in all their outfits and gear Very Happy. I really love the fact that they handpicked from the Clone Warriors also that you've explained why they have enhanced vision glasses. The Crow Unit Commander Xerax looks scary but at the same time awesome, yes I can see why he wouldn't need weapons with a sword like that one. I love the idea of his sword forged from Dragonite steel. He looks like a real expert swordsman, I'm guessing he never let's his sword out his sight, he probably even sleeps with it Laughing. I can see why General Wotang is the he most feared and respected of the Dragonian high command because he looks like that kinda guy, he's another one that looks scary looking. Hax,the Generals personal body guard, I just love the fact that he's been cyberneticaly enhanced and wears his 360 command hood, which you've explained very cleverly done.

The Hunter Scouts. They definitely look like Hunter Scouts to me because the way they dressed. Drago and Forax, which one is which can I ask ? The one on the left with black hair and white wavy strips looks mean nasty look about him and looks like he would shoot anybody that try's to get in his way or makes him angry, he has a awesome and cool looking head scalpt Very Happy. Drax and Dagg so look alike Laughing. Commander Frost and Commander Vor look just awesome, using Dr.X heads and transplanting them onto Lannard bodies really have turned out very well indeed.
The Hunter Support squad are kitbashed nice and simply once again.

You've definitely created some fearsome looking Dragonian's squads, very very well done Gunner Munro Wink.

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 12:09 am

Hi Alex
thanks for the great response to the Dragonians- as SKJ said - you can really let your imagination run with a Enemy forces! Laughing

Originally I was literally going to use Dragon Germans  I collected in the late 90's ( hence the enemy's name Embarassed Embarassed )

Then came  a Max Steel figure in a bundle (Drax on the left ) and the rest is history .... lol!

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 5EA85E7D-A4EF-4C60-8E13-B7904A48B737_zpsr1os41ka

I'm learning as well simpler is better. I'm re learning that joy of a Good Uniform, a belt, and  pouch or two is all you really need  lol!

Cheers cheers
Gunner
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Some Adventurers out Adventuring !   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi Guys

took a quick break from the deadly battle with the Dragonians. A couple of my fledgling Adventure crew got out and about .

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 382876C9-0F6A-4BB5-8951-BC571F9C2AAC_zpshwvfsame
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 60E12B09-82EC-46C0-BA7E-8BF9402EE5F2_zps75nhyzux
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 26FB04EA-0872-444C-9202-85563B6C24A6_zps6h7dinnj

setting up camp

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 90D8F5A7-117D-4F43-AC01-E107F7861295_zpszojoq7uo
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 2152D903-EC7D-4527-A7DF-1179414CC769_zps2sumrrxg

Chop wood , carry water
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 876C631F-4591-4C3D-AAB3-F8AB0A864006_zpsobecj0sf

Checking equipment
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 74A0766D-50BA-4AD5-BCC2-584F2A5F57EB_zpsrit3p2qmGunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 0C4E0B0E-D4BB-4F08-AFCE-D030E41AFAFB_zpsbc4pygz7

Ready for an adventure ?
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 70FD0FB4-A983-4FDC-BB38-A905E651920A_zpsfypdvldd
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 39BB6BB6-6851-45D3-9E0C-149D8A77ABBB_zpsk1eaf3on

What do you reckon?
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 6282C7A6-4FE1-49F6-8479-30222824F880_zps7us8zvvp

Rope or Nope ?
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 9486077B-7710-49B2-9038-C31745E08C71_zpsgyvznrgo

Nope !!
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 19BEB9E3-B44C-4777-8E95-8AC899F44534_zpsb29y9szvGunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 DCE218B0-9735-4FB6-BE50-4BC67E8474E3_zpsyxym28zh

The reach
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 4B46E256-D199-43E4-AFAB-B9E01A94F054_zps3lim2t83
Getting close
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 1EE9DD9E-4E03-4E0E-A2C2-7301F4AB6F36_zpsrtnmly4v
Enjoying the view
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 35FD8928-AF15-4234-85E3-4F839C2B03B7_zpsxbamcktj
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 468DC999-8694-43BD-8726-2A2323A53BAD_zpsvohqcf94

Not bad after 40 years in the loft !!- Fuzz Heads for ever !!
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 ED446F83-635D-44A2-9F7B-AEEF0437F27A_zps6qboobxz

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Awesome photos enjoyed them, great adventures Very Happy Very Happy

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Oh yes!!! Loving the adventurer photos gunner.

You have inspired me to get my adventurers out in the garden tomorrow.

Chris
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 2:23 am

Superb pics! Fantastic! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:11 am

Fantastic phtos Steve! you can't beat the adventures!, mind you, your two seem to be putting our adventurers to shame, mine especially, he runs the AMMO ARMS! lol!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:42 am

I'd enjoyed looking through these fledgling Adventure crew out and about adventuring pictures Gunner.

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunner Munro's collection.
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next