ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gunner Munro's collection.

Go down 
+28
JohnnyE4
Rustygun
Glidah Drivah
Wolf_Soldier64
inntruderr61
Jet-
gibri
BAMComix
somekindajoe
FIELD STATION 42
Dreadnought
Beatlefan
Professor Gangrene Fan
ActionYankee
Gunner Munro
ghost recon
clivvers
Acam24-7
thierry
Teckno Viking
Pete_AM
SlackElastic
blueboxier
Reddragon
peterodgers
Captian action
eccy79
Rossini
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 6:42 am

That's great Gunner! I really like seeing vintage figures getting brought back after years
of backyard battles to their former glory!

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 11:35 am

Thanks for all the comments folks cheers

Yes, just like gardening.. these cold months of January and February mean a chance to do some VAM prep for the spring campaign season lol!

I’m going to have a crack at some hybrid rebuilding of EEBP parts from the spares box Shocked

Take care and let’s see your recent “ We can rebuild them” projects Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 12:05 pm

Great see Dreadnought back on his feet! He can come and boogie at the Ammo Arms on his next leave  bounce bounce .
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 12:29 pm

That was a lot of fun to view and read , and nice to see Dreadnought back in full operating condition .

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: its 1966 all over again...   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi folks,

I posted on the Incoming ! thread I had some 40th's on the way...Well they have arrived... cheers

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 F0-F50-B53-A7-FA-4-D23-8-E08-769-A71-B84-D9-A

I've been "umming and ahhing" about 40th since I got into the hobby in late 2015. Sadly I missed the 2006 years when they first were released by Alan Hall. ( what a project that must have been -Kudos)

So I decided I needed a good example and I also wanted that classic 60's vibe , so opted for the re issue of Basic Soldier, Sailor and Pilot.

Opening the basic soldier was really nostalgic. My first ever Action Man and the start of a real life "love affair " ( or an obsession with clutter and junk if you listen to Mrs Gunner ! lol! )

So I think it was summer of 1966 ( age 5 ) when I got him ( I'd have to check release  dates etc for this as my memory may be playing tricks )
but I can still remember being totally captivated. In fact I turned totally Army Barmy lol!

Here he is "out of the box"

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 14-D59-FB0-A801-4-E8-A-9-E04-8-A79755-C936-A

Brown paint head. I just loved the Equipment manual.. especially this picture. Totally fired up my imagination.Totally cool imho.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 1-BE9340-B-9031-4595-9-B20-9097-AEBD91-E9

Here is the pilot. a red ( sorry auburn) head. In my original time line he was blonde and my second AM, probably Xmas '66?

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 544-EC8-A5-FDBA-4-FA9-A9-FE-9374-A3-BAB70-A

I noticed he had problems with his legs, so popped off his uni and discovered he actually is too tightly strung ! I'm guessing thjis may have been a common problem ?
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 01-EC79-F6-9336-4889-AB40-9-E964116-A31-EGunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 CD865-DD9-3675-4-BD2-BAE7-754385-DD8982

Sailor. Black hair.  he was my third in the original time line . I remember thinking at the time the Air and Sea lines were quite limited in terms of kit.

I think the frogman and DSD sets were bought pretty sharpish.

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 0-F730-F08-F526-47-E2-831-F-D2882-E4212-EE

Here are the guys lined up and on display in the new rearranged HQ.
Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 FB22-E26-E-E6-B5-4747-8200-FFF442578899

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 2-CFB0-A51-6-F9-A-4-D61-BEFE-EAE5041-E2-E4-F

I'm now on the hunt for a good example of the 30th Anniversary edition.. but might have to wait a month or so to let the old Credit card cool down a bit lol!  lol!

Hope this brought back a few memories for those of us in our late 50's early 60's cheers

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 2:41 pm

fantastic additions Gunner! and they even have their own shelf! can't see the old boys being happy about that! lol! lol! lol! 

"obsession with clutter and junk if you listen to Mrs Gunner !" what a cheek! they don't understand do they?? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 3:04 am

Those are great Gunner!

Interesting, I only had two Joes growing up, the first was the Action Soldier with black hair,
the second was a pilot with auburn hair.

I guess I'm lucky to not have a significant other, I have so much "clutter" that I can't find anything! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 3:22 am

So what's your opinion on those HUGELY out of scale dog-tags? We have had a discussion about them elsewhere here on AMMO.

Ah yes, ..."too tightly strung". Seems a bit of a common problem today eh?  lol!

You could easily paint the "ranga" blond if it brings back pleasant memories of the figure you had as a kid.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2022 3:57 am

scratch

Y'know... these pics are making me feel that... that... that the "original" guys were a lot more fun than the supposedly more realistic new seamless figures.

Might be time to downsize and simplify. Or at least to put some serious thought in to what I'm doing in, and what I want to get out of, this hobby.

Great figs! Congratulations on the new arrivals! Good to see your priorities are in the right place!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 5:04 pm

WOW! Sharp soldiers! cheers cheers cheers

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 8:15 pm

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Yes I agree the seamless figures are much more realistic, but there is something about that 64 VAM figure....a design classic ?

The Dog tags are interesting .. I'm not sure why they did that unless they were thinking they would be used as dog tags on the kids ?

I'll have to consult my "Story of GI Joe". The outsize theme was continued in the 1990's range but I think the A&S dog tags recently released are much better.

The equipment manual pic has been my inspiration for the VAM garden.. but it turned out too much like a rockery ..

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 8f6b025f-b9ee-41d3-abf4-bc55009d2fd0

so I'm in serious redesign mode for that - negotiations with Mrs G required for that Shocked   a key feature will be to create some waist high features to save so much bending over lol! lol!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 8:56 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
... a key feature will be to create some waist high features to save so much bending over....

Oh, don't I know that feeling - a feeling right there in the lower back! Crying or Very sad

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 10:45 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Yes bending over alot can be the pits...lol

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2022 7:27 am

Looking fantastic Steve! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: VAM garden scenery   Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Thanks for that chaps,

Any one else have any VAM features in the garden or Ideas to inspire me ? Idea  Idea

I'm thinking of some kind of hanging garden to try and break up the fence /
https://www.growingrevolution.com/product/plantbox/?attribute_size=Set+of+5+(1m+x+60cm)&utm_source=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Product%20Feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=1052&gclid=Cj0KCQiA09eQBhCxARIsAAYRiykJR3-MpaHL7JG5k0e_EXOkGDvr6WBmms4VD7v3We_LV9FQVEOmtrIaAtO_EALw_wcB

building up some waist high "planters" that the surface can then be use "sandtable " style for VAM action eg ala the original equipment manuals/ads

https://www.gardenworksdirect.co.uk/wooden-garden-beds-100-60-h.html

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 1-BE9340-B-9031-4595-9-B20-9097-AEBD91-E9

Fit in the strong point, which I promise I will finish this season Rolling Eyes  Honest Steve I will lol!

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 IMG_7076

and then be turned back to a garden feature by popping on some pots etc .. Keep Mrs G happy. Shocked

all ideas welcome cheers

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 8:50 pm

Nice 40th figures…..
looking forward to seeing the strongpoint in action..

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 10:06 pm

Yes looking forward to see what you come up with GM! cheers
Yes gotta keep the mrs happy... Laughing

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 7:10 am

Gunner Munro wrote:

Fit in the strong point, which I promise I will finish this season Rolling Eyes  Honest Steve I will lol!

Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 IMG_7076

I'm sure you 'Jokingly' claimed it would be finished by 2025 . . .So technically you're still ahead of schedule! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 6:18 pm

I'm sure you 'Jokingly' claimed it would be finished by 2025 . . .So technically you're still ahead of schedule! lol! [/quote]

lol! lol! Oh Steve you know me too well lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 11:03 pm

Hi Steve, great to see you posting again. Hope you got through the madness of the last two years OK ?

Just back on the Forum recently myself after a long bout of illness - very nearly fatal, but that's another tale..

Great work on fixing up Dreadnought cheers cheers
He looks great in his new sailor uni.

Great minds must think alike, because at some time around a year ago I put Spud back in his sailor rig.

I only changed him out of it last night and then happened upon your update this evening.
I swore I took a photo or two - may find them and post up.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2022 6:59 pm

Kev
Oh no .."nearly fatal" .. what happened!😳
Hope you are back on your feet and fighting fit👍🏻
I've managed to steer clear of the Covid bullet so far🤞 I'm enjoying retirement so far..a bit too much decorating recently..but hey keeps Mrs G happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2022 8:46 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Kev
Oh no .."nearly fatal" .. what happened!😳
Hope you are back on your feet and fighting fit👍🏻  

I know Steve Sad  
I collapsed with a severe bleeding ulcer last September, lost 1.5 litres of blood, was about an hour from a fatal coma they told me.
An ambulance to hospital at 2 am  with medic poised over me with heart pads as my heart rate was through the roof, two weeks in the ICU, five units of blood and A LOT of rehab.
Damn scary stuff.
Never caught Covid either, but the worrying part is they suspect the AstraZenca jabs I was given may have caused or contributed to this.
I folded six weeks after getting the second one.
Still not out of the woods completely, They are still investigating.

Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 4:40 am

Dreadnought wrote:
Never caught Covid either, but the worrying part is they suspect the AstraZenca jabs I was given may have caused or contributed to this.
I folded six weeks after getting the second one.
From what I've learned from medicos who will speak, (albeit strictly "off-the-record"), there's every chance that is exactly the case Kev.
You literally could have died, but you've never even caught Covid?  Rolling Eyes
While you're in the mood for a bit of truth, why not ask any of your doctor friends about this much mooted so-called "long Covid" too!
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 10:20 am

OMG Kev !

I know Steve Sad  
I collapsed with a severe bleeding ulcer last September, lost 1.5 litres of blood, was about an hour from a fatal coma they told me.
An ambulance to hospital at 2 am  with medic poised over me with heart pads as my heart rate was through the roof, two weeks in the ICU, five units of blood and A LOT of rehab.
Damn scary stuff.

so sorry you had to go through that . Totally rubbish to say the least Shocked

Fingers more than crossed you are on the mend and you get the full all clear soon . Its stories like yours that really re enforce the old adage "Carpe diem "

Take care Good buddy.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 11:35 am

Shocked It really sounds like you've been through the wars Kev!

..But good that you've made it through and it's great to see you posting again! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunner Munro's collection.    Gunner Munro's collection.  - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunner Munro's collection.
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next